What made you...

wrightsterrrr

Hi all,

New member and first topic post, here goes!!

I don't own a Subaru as of yet partly because i'm 18 and haven't won the lottery :(

I do still love them, and have done for as long as I can remember. Mainly the noise and how powerful they can be, also the appearance they are such head turners! so I wanted to know what made you choose to have a Subaru? :)

for me it was after driving my friends plus 400 bhp monster, i has a golf with a N/A engine that was capable of keeping up with a stock uk impreza and was proper fun to drive, i went to a subie rolling road day from my mates house in his impreza, when i left his house in my car i thought something had broke, i couldn't hear the exhaust or feel the power anymore so that made my mind up to jump in and get one, i've driven some sweet cars and some powerful cars in the past but nothing has put a smile on my face like the impreza

for me it was after driving my friends plus 400 bhp monster, i has a golf with a N/A engine that was capable of keeping up with a stock uk impreza and was proper fun to drive, i went to a subie rolling road day from my mates house in his impreza, when i left his house in my car i thought something had broke, i couldn't hear the exhaust or feel the power anymore so that made my mind up to jump in and get one, i've driven some sweet cars and some powerful cars in the past but nothing has put a smile on my face like the impreza

I've yet to be in a scoobie:-( I think I would want one even more!! I've been in a skyline and obviously no comparison but there is just something about a car that has a certain presence.

Hi mate 

I'm not sure really always been a Rally fan from a young age well all motorsports to be fair, but Rally was the 1st one I remember. So I liked them from then but did originally look at getting an Evo as I liked it when I borrowed an Evo4 and as I was looking at getting a car to buy I came across a few Imprezas, took one for a test drive then got back in the Evo didn't feel the same after so I went and bought the scoob and now have 2 in the garage :D

looked at a number of cars EVO etc, drove a mates blobeye STI but missus wanted a hatchback - final deciding factor was a pretty woman moment at an Audi garage over an A3 quattro, chap wouldnt let the missus test drive it until xyz blah blah blah

great piece of karma there as having since been in an A3 it pales by comparison :D

Originally I wanted an Impreza turbo. However, as a family man, I knew I would have to get a wagon version, which I have never found too appealing, so I looked at what else was out there.

At that point I came across the Legacy range and settled on a 2.0L normally aspirated estate. Loved it to bits and joined a forum to figure out how it worked. (My first foray into flat fours).

Ended up going to an organised meet in Wales. Mine was the only normally aspirated there. (At that time, I didn't even know about the turbo versions). At that point the search started for a suitable twin turbo Legacy. I figured if an Impreza has a single turbo, a twin turbo Legacy must be better.

Despite needing an estate, I ended up changing the wife's car to an estate family car so I could get a twin turbo legacy saloon. Not looked back since. Had the twin turbos ever since. I just think they are more of a sleeper than an Impreza, plus, from the factory they have more power but are less tuneable. Hence my current project :)

• Like 1

Colin and Richard tbh. After watching them slide the cars around the rally stages I was impressed with them and always rubber necked when seeing one on the road.

Mine was an impulse buy, my pug 205Gti was on its last legs, I got a bank loan and thought hmm I fancy a Scoob.

A local guy to me offered me a scoob and it was after being given a blast in it by his dad and seeing the smile on my mates face when I turned round.

He then said "you should see the smile on your face Pete!"

I didn't really need any more convincing. That was 12 years ago!

Maybe one of the welsh Scoobies owners is near you and can take you for a blast in one?

• Like 1

I'm along the lines of tlag, Misses wouldn't let me stick the baby in the boot of my mazda so i had to change the car. With good ground clearence for the couple of times a year it ventures 'off road' 4wd for when it snows it had to be a subaru, impreza's are ten a penny round me and so wanted something that was a little bit different and more discreet. :-)

well, my old car was on its last legs (long story)... so spoke to a family member who buys cat D write offs, then repairs them up and sells them on, a week or so later he bought a legacy. The second I saw it, I knew it was the car for me! I bought it off him for a very good price :)

• Like 1

I bought my impreza wagon for the boot size to put the dog in, the day I bought it I loved it and to this day the dog has never been in it, it's now my baby :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol: :lol:  poor doggy no tongue out action for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin McRae, Richard Burns, the classic iconic rally livery, the blue with gold alloys look, the burble, the scoop, the power and AWD to name a few reasons.

It's just a unique and iconic car that's had my heart and attention since I first saw Colin McRae rallying in one (on tv) years ago. Only recently been able to get insured on one but definitely worth the wait. Every time I go out in it, it's an event. Love it. Even though it does cost a !Removed! fortune!!!

back in 2003 i did test drove a Forester when working in Leuven (Belgium) as i needed a company car. well i did like it only not the company i was working at as you could only get a diesel (company policy). ended up in a boring Volvo diesel i took over from a colleague who left the company.

years later well in 2013 when living in Australia i bought a my03 Forester with 200k KM on the odo and was impressed how it dove. i do my own maintenance and ike the construction of the Subaru's. i have maintained lots of different vehicles through out the years and probably stay with a Subaru, just like them.

so when i came back to the UK i bought a well used my06 with 184k miles on the odo from a farmer who used it for farming (as if it was a Hilux pickup) but being a company car all services were done.

sorry to go off topic but i have to ask or i'll forget later, is it possible to go single turbo with a leggy? would it just be a case off impreza fanimold and ecu or would it be a bot more complex?

I think this is a really good question that warrants its own thread to capture the posts and make it easier to find in future

Colin and Richard tbh. After watching them slide the cars around the rally stages I was impressed with them and always rubber necked when seeing one on the road.

Mine was an impulse buy, my pug 205Gti was on its last legs, I got a bank loan and thought hmm I fancy a Scoob.

A local guy to me offered me a scoob and it was after being given a blast in it by his dad and seeing the smile on my mates face when I turned round.

He then said "you should see the smile on your face Pete!"

I didn't really need any more convincing. That was 12 years ago!

Maybe one of the welsh Scoobies owners is near you and can take you for a blast in one?

I doubt it, not many where i'm from. All golf/corsa lovers round here!

Rollamite gave his completed sport project to his mum for xmas and now she has branded hoodies etc really embraced the whole thing - still not a member on here though will have to give him a nudge :D