help...

seb

Hi everyone. 

Can anybody help me I've bought a 1999 impreza wrx sti, it was in bits when i bought it. Managed to get it all put back together, except a couple of things, I can't seem to find where these (vacum?) pipes go?

First one, pipe from brown sensor that comes from left side of engine bay near suspension turret. Other one, comes off the black purge tank, I think? The blue pipe. 

and lastly, the coolant expansion tank has a pipe on the lid that goes to pipe on top of radiator, but has a spout pipe that is half way down the neck that doesn't have a pipe on and nowhere for one to go anyway. 

all help will be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Dean.

post-2007-0-30931300-1392398853_thumb.jp

post-2007-0-82779300-1392398872_thumb.jp

post-2007-0-96047400-1392398884_thumb.jp

post-2007-0-75510800-1392398900_thumb.jp

post-2007-0-35955200-1392398914_thumb.jp

Do you have a boost gauge I'm guessing here that it had one and there should be a T piece in the last picture, picture 5 and the 3 bits of vacuum hose connect to the T piece. That is just a guess from the picture though. and pic's 2 and 3 I'm not sure what I'm looking at sorry :( 

Hi, that really helps, picture 3 is of the expansion tank at the bottom of the filler neck there is a spout to put a pipe on but nowhere for the pipe to go to, they usually go on radiator but there is nowhere for it. 

thanks for all your help, 

Dean 

mines a v3 my 97 so there's probably a few differences with the vacuum set up

the small bore metal pipe from the rad connects to the bottom of the white expansion bottle and a short length of pipe connects to the yellow cap and pokes through the hole in the inner wing which acts as over flow (not connected to anything at the other end ) 

I think the pipe from the charcoal canister connects to the underside of the flexi tube (the pipe between the maff and under inlet intake pipe) via a plastic elbow.

although I've recently replaced my vacuum pipework I cant remember where the rest go but if its dry enough when I get back from work i'll have a look over the weekend fella      

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy so im a bit late with this but here you are anyways just bear in mind that mine is a v3 so there might be a few differences .

this pic shows the black and white part in your pic number 4

C7BCDE21-orig_zps8dab4015.jpg

it runs from the black and white bit(just visable under the grey plug) to a t piece ,1 end off the t goes the the inlet (near the actuator in my pic) the other end goes to the black part on the big bore pipe off the canister in my second pic .

D3CACD57-orig_zpse3e614c4.jpg

hope it makes sence lol.

clive

• Like 2