Spec B Strut Braces to fit or forfeit

alistairv

Hi, I've just acquired a Spec B Tourer :) after chopping in my 2.5SE Tourer. I had strut braces on the 2.5 and I wonder if anyone has experience of fitting them to a Spec B, or should I not bother and just put them up on eBay? They were imported from the States and are well casted in aluminium. My new black beauty is a post facelift, although I doubt that makes much difference, but could the braces interfere with the Bilstein set-up? I know they made the 2.5 feel firmer and corner flatter, but the Spec B corners so much better anyway.

So has anyone had any experience with this 'bilst and braces' approach  :wacko: or should I just fit and find out? AlistairV

Wotcha and welcome - If anything they will compliment the Bilsteins as they will be linking them together and allowing them to work more effectively, the shocks themselves are all about the damping effect - movement in relation to the undulations in the road and forces created by the cars travel. Bracing will ensure they are not as susceptible to any flexing / movement around the mounting point meaning they can operate around there own designed movement up and down consistently.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas. Now fitted, with only minor, but permanent, damage to the rear carpeting. Front brace is a two minute job, rear somewhat more fiddly. I presume anything linking the struts with the lack of a rear deck in the Tourer must help.

Great to see another legacy spec b owner in club, get yourself down to japfest and I,ll show you mine and you can show me yours, started engine dressing mine today ready for show season,got some great ideas ,hope to get it all done for japfest, welcome onboard

• Like 2