newbie from manchester

sweetlegacy

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry, I missed this thread.

The red oil light on the dash, is not a level light. It is a pressure light. To be honest, its a pretty rubbish pressure light, because the only time it will come on as you drive is when its too late.

The only real use for it is when you do an oil change. Once you have changed the oil, unplug the cam position sensor and turn the ignition key until the red pressure light goes out, plug the sensor back in and start the car.

Its just a way of making sure you have oil throughout the engine before putting too much power through it at normal rpm.

Once you have done an oil change just keep your eye on the levels for a while.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, very interesting.

I think I will stick to 5w30 millers for now, just need to not drive as hard, not easy with a lead foot.

Oh Gambit, am jealous now, its not fair my car does not even have the fluffy dice.lol

• Like 1

ha ha.lol

I have a bit of bling though... the young lad felt sorry for my standard slver alloys (and me) so refurbed and sprayed them black, he also did the calipers red too as a bonus.My wife thinks am nuts!

• Like 1

Thanks Jay, I dont really want to spend too much money on the car, it looked like a 25 year old battered and bruised shed, but with a bit of tlc ( and elbow grease) I have a car in a state I am happy with. Next essential is oil service.

In fact oil and filter came today from Opie (very quick) millers nano 5w30, but the oil filter is tiny, is that right?

also I opened up one of their free airfreshners, my god the smell is lethal, it so so strong, had to put it near my wifes side of the car!lol