cat overheat light

Yesterday i had a new sports cat fitted which did away with the 2nd cat and 2nd o2 sensor, the problem being that they had to vut the sensor as it was rusted, the garaged then spliced the two ends together and said not to worry as it will run ok without, normally they just tape it up out the way.

This has brought the cat overheat light on the dash. My questions are,

Am i ok to run with it as it is ?

Will adding a new sensor but not installed cancell the light

How can i cancell the light if the 1st question is ok ? Resistor or simillar ?

The car runs ok and has no ecl light

Ta

It should be fine mate the ECU should be doing most of the work to still keep everything happy, I'd try one of them resistors I posted for someone else somewhere will see if I can find the link.  

If I remember some cars do it and other don't more pick of the luck.

Yeah i've been looking around but can only see them for new age cars. Any help would be appricaited.

Didn't know if it would run too rich ? Drove back from sheff and around thia morning and all sems fine.

Just want to get light turned off

Funny you should say that as ive been poking around and it's only a two wire sensor meaning it doesn't do a lot, one sensor wire and an earth so i just unspliced them and hey presto no lighty !

So essentially it still thinks sensor's there still no cel codes too :-)

It looks like it's jsut the 1st one that does all the work and thats brand new. So we'll see how it behaves tonight

Toch wood it's all good, and my car now sounds proper :-D

• Like 1

Resistor Link ------>   this

found it in that intercooler cover thread from a while ago, knew it would be a derailed thread

Haha it did take me there I just dismissed it   :lol:

I'm more of a rubber/latex man myself sorry mate :o

Don't mind a bit of latex mate often buy some. Gimp Mask - £15, Double Ended !Removed! - £25, Black Latex Outfit - £40

Look on the face of the cashier - Very Seductive  :ph34r:

Just had a sports cat fitted to my classic STI ,the cat I bought already had a heat tem sensor on it but it was chopped in half and so corroded their was no way it could be removed. I don't have any lights on the dash YET ( its been 4 days mind ) bloke said he would normally just blank off the hole to fool the computer

20131028_161555_zpsc72b9830.jpg see the white plug under the master cylinder,to the left, it attaches to the loom there i just unplugged it as it doesn't do much apart from tell you your onfire, mines been ok since, the dash light comes on at start up and goes off when it's supposed to:-)
  • Like 1