Help Please. Friend needs a spare key and fob for a 2005 Forester X

A good friend is about to buy a 54 plate Forester X but it only comes with one key and fob, the seller has lost it :( .

How much roughly will it cost to get a key and fob for a 2005 Forester please?.

The seller may well reduce the price in order to compensate for only one key and fob.

Thank You.

Pfft lot's of money am afraid, only place is going to the main stealers and have them sort the key out. Sigma 30 alarms for the fob, there is a way around that by using the keycode if they have it still. If not that will need to be done too. :(

Hi I've only got 1 key for my 54 plate forester the person I brought it of thinks the other 1 is at his holiday home so he'll look for it, I phoned the main dealer to get a price of £395 once I'd picked myself off the floor I said thanks & put the phone down:)

• Like 1

main dealers charge a fortune for stuff. I nipped into my local scooby dealer a few weeks back after another alloy to act as a spare. They wanted 270 quid for just one alloy! Found a used one on eBay for 50 quid.

Hope you get it sorted OP, but does your friend really need two keys?

Thanks for the replies.

The seller only has one key / fob as he has misplaced the second key / fob.

My friend decided not to go ahead with the purchase as it is always better to be in possession of a spare key and fob so he is still on the lookout for his first Subaru Estate

Now he can't decide whether to go for a Forester 2.0X,  2.0XT or even a 2.5XT.

He is able to get relatively cheap insurance due to his age and the amount of years no claims discount.

I mentioned to him about getting a Legacy estate 3.0R Spec B with 6 speed Manual gearbox as they are surprisingly inexpensive to buy.

I would imagine that the Legacy with the 3 litre engine and 6 speed box would be an effortless driving machine and would love to try one.

Thanks Again.

Thanks for the replies.

The seller only has one key / fob as he has misplaced the second key / fob.

My friend decided not to go ahead with the purchase as it is always better to be in possession of a spare key and fob so he is still on the lookout for his first Subaru Estate

Now he can't decide whether to go for a Forester 2.0X,  2.0XT or even a 2.5XT.

He is able to get relatively cheap insurance due to his age and the amount of years no claims discount.

I mentioned to him about getting a Legacy estate 3.0R Spec B with 6 speed Manual gearbox as they are surprisingly inexpensive to buy.

I would imagine that the Legacy with the 3 litre engine and 6 speed box would be an effortless driving machine and would love to try one.

Thanks Again.

well, i can't speak for the 3ltr 6 speed Legacy, but i have a 2ltr 5 speed and its an absolute gem :)

I'd love a 3ltr version, although the insurance would be extremely expensive for me.

Tlag and some others have great knowledge about the Legacies so maybe better to ask them with a bit of a bias view. But anything with a subaru badge is more or less the same. I'd go Legacy if I didn't go Impreza, but have seen enough Foresters on here that look great so very hard to choose. I'd have to maybe go with what do I want it for. Possible off road Fozzy only on road would be the Legacy for me.

But get your mate to pop on. You're also welcome here still try narrow it down for him :)

As long as have one working remote & a good key it not a big deal, if on a sigma you can reset the manual pin code manually & add new remote yourself, any good locksmith can supply the keys/fobs  but may have order them from past experience, would not cost silly money unless go to Subaru dealer & was a good excuse to work price down ...

• Like 1