Intercooler pipe experience

Gaulson

This one definitely caught me by suprise, I was on my way home from work and happened to be behind a motorbike. Coming onto a straight I thought "wonder if I can keep up" so gave it some, got round the corner onto another straight and just into third gear there was a pop/bang! All power went, smoke out of exhaust and it died.

Obviously first thing I thought was "oh god my car" then once I popped the bonet I realised the intercooler pipe had come off. I was told I was just unlucky but I'm worried it might have been something to do with my driving as It's only my 4th day in the car.

(On a side note this bike couldn't outrun the scooby... until that)

post-2084-0-81952200-1393971474_thumb.jp

Nope never seen that happen not with me. I would just see how secure the TMIC is see if it has lot's of play just shake it, and reattach the pipe just make sure it's on tight. I've redlined mine before mate in 2nd 3rd and 4th and never had that :)

That wasn't your driving - possibly just a dodgy connection but I would check all secure as Gambit suggested - given that I would also check the other connections under your bonnet

That is the worst! Almost as bad as stepping on a plug.... wouldn't advise that.

On a side note, while it was having work done I put the intake back to standard. It had a cone filter on it which gave a "suck" noise so you couldn't hear the engine. Now sounds beautiful again!

A pal of mine had a supercharged ɑnd turbo charged pug 306!! ɑnd I **** you not his boost gauge read up to 40psi. Useless really as it went off the gauge lol!! He was always popping hoses off but hairspray sorted ιt!!! Then he started lifting the head but that's another issue lol