a little advice from the ones who know

daddykev24

Cel light flashes at full boost in 3rd and 4th???need some pointers as to what this could be??newbie to the site but I have a modified Impreza wagon wrx,tuned by engine tuner in Plymouth. She runs sweet and goes like a dream but now and again cel flashes at me when I hit full boost in 3rd and 4th. Also if im on half throttle then floor it,cel flashes again. Some people have said it could be spark plugs or coil packs but would appreciate an opinion from people with scoobys!! also looking to get involved with some local meets so any venues or dates would be great.cheers.kev

Soz,without sounding like a complete plank,not sure how to get engine codes,like I said the car runs great bit only does the cel flash now and again,its not all the time which is why I can't get my head round it!! Ta

hi guys,thanks for the replies,off tmoz so gonna try the black connectors,only thing im worried about is that I've had the old girl off the road for the last couple months,and the Battery has been disconected! Read the post earlier and thanks for the link,but concerned that because I've had the Battery off would that of re-set the ecu,in answer to some questions,yes ecu has been upgraded,has the simtech ecu with complete remap with all the extras,anti lag,launch control to name afew.uprated turbo,vta valve,yellow injectors,pipes,filters,usual stuff,but its all been fitted by engine tuner in Plymouth,as I brought the car already modified,but i was very clear when i got her it had to have been done properly,was not dissapointed.I do run it on the higher Ron unleaded,as ove been told to run her on higher stuff as she is an import,not really sure why that would make a difference?but have occasionally had to throw a tenners worth of standard Ron in her to see her thru to payday!! Not ideal I know bit needs must eh!! but is it stands at the mo,got afew bits im doing to her,front splitter,rear difusser,and skirts,but making them myself,and gonna have it ready for the summer so would love to hook up with afew meets in Cornwall so any dates or venues would be great,give me a date to work to.gonna try and post some pics as im doing it so will post up pics of the car in the next few days,sorry its all abit long winded!! cheers.kev

• Like 1