new proud owner

boylo

Hi all a new member and a first time owner of a 2000 turbo wagon which im pleased with. But i have problem with a strange noise comming from the from passenger wheel area. A clicking noise while driving. Its intermitent so it comes and goes. But when i apply the brake it goes. Plus a knocking noise from same area again intermitent. Very strange. Im pritty clued up on cars had various turbos in my time but a subaru is a diffrent ball game. Hope some one can give me pointers would be awsome.

It sounds possibly like the driveshaft. If the gaiter has split and the joint dried up, it would do as you describe. Even of the gaiter is in good condition, it's worth investigating.

If it does it when turning but not so much in a straight line, im fairly certain it's the driveshaft.

• Like 2

Thanx for the quick reply Tlag is there any spercific grese to use on the drive shafts? I have accses to a log of grease as im a crane operator or will it be a subaru special?