Audio install planned

Help needed ive a V5 sti import and the rear speakers are in deck not doors,so afew things needed info wise.

will the front doors still be 6.5"?

is there a suitable earth point in boot for amp?

how do i remove horrid double din unit from dash board?

Last but not least where is best to feed live through from engine bay too boot for the amp?

Thanks in advance

1. If it's been done with donut mdf rings or equivalent they will fit otherwise the window hits the speakers
  2. Yes I used a bolt that was coming down from the parcel shelf so it was out the way. But plenty of other place around the lights 
  3. the surround should just pop straight off with a good tug ( I like tugging things  :ph34r:  )
  4. I went direct from the Battery through the firewall fed it under the carpet and plastics under the back seats and into the boot :)

Hope that helps :)

• 1 month later...

thanks Gambit really helped,

got to admit though still lost as to how rear deck speakers are removed?

tried lifting grills/covers off not budging.

So looked at them from underneath via boot and the bolts got through from the top so does the seats have to come out to remove whole rear shelf or something stupid or am i not tugging enough guys?I know Gambit likes to tug) lol :ph34r:

• Like 1

I just cut the shelf where it was in the blobeye for the speakers I didn't want to mess about removing it all does mean a lot of working in awkward positions. Bit like playing Twister naked :D 

• Like 1

Same as the classic remove rear seat both parts. Then you can lift the rear parcel shelf up by the middle as you need it to bend a bit to pull it out from under the c pillar trim.

I replaced the stock speakers with 16x9's with very little trouble, I had to cut the holes in the shelf a little bit larger just and drill new holes.

The parcel shelf when stright back on using the factory grills so it was completely hidden.

• Like 1

Same as the classic remove rear seat both parts. Then you can lift the rear parcel shelf up by the middle as you need it to bend a bit to pull it out from under the c pillar trim.

I replaced the stock speakers with 16x9's with very little trouble, I had to cut the holes in the shelf a little bit larger just and drill new holes.

The parcel shelf when stright back on using the factory grills so it was completely hidden.

Thanks for that bud ill look at it at the weekend :-)