Buying a cat c ?

quit

As you regulars might noticed not been much progress on my wagon thread lately not bored just looking at options

Love it but it's a 3rd car and mrs don't use her car so might sell both get a hawkeye spec c or sti

But !!

I will get bored

Found coming for sale a cat c car I can buy very very cheap ! I need to build a garage or at least a car port but if all goes ok could have the car in my possession in about 5 months

Is cat c that bad ??

No I've also looked at a few Cat C's in the aim of buying one to do up bit like yourself. I'm not 100% clued up on the means of getting it back on the road other than the Mot and tax and the Vic check 

in that case you will have to do what i did with the skyline as the previous owner chose to not do it. type vic test into google and fill out the form and then pay the required monies, they give you a date and time and then head down with the car, i believe the car will then have to be retested.

Yeah once the repairs have been done that they wrote it off for you can drive it to the MOT station have it tested once its been tested and fine you then apply for the Vic check with VOSA is my understanding of it. I've only been looking briefly into it myself seen a few nice write offs :) 

• 2 weeks later...