More advice needed about suspension please

cdavidson0

Thanks to Mr B for previous advice.

I now need some more advice if possible. I am looking to replace suspension bushes, in particular the rear inner control arm bushes on my 2003 Forester SG 2.0.

Can anyone advise re: pros and cons of OEM rubber bushes vs polyurethane and, if poly are the better option, any experience between whiteline/superpro/other brands?

I know some brands of poly bushes can stick causing jerky and difficult movement of the wishbone and I don't want to cause more problems than I solve!

You probably best sticking with OEM type sourced from ADL Blueprint or SolidAce parts.

Poly-bushes are good for performances factors of reducing flex thus keeping geometry precise & giving driver more feedback.

Small downside can be extra vibrations being transferred to the cabin.

If you have a source for cheap poly-bushes & prefer to fit them then do so. If not a sporty driver & prefer cost of standard bushes then go with them as unless changing most to poly-bushes you will have little to gain ...

• Like 1

Thanks again, Mr B.

I don't really want the firmer ride of poly bushes, but may have no choice!

As for OEM type, I've looked at the ADL Blue print site and they don't list the front wishbone rear bush. To register with SolidAce you seem to need to be a business rather than an individual. Do you know if they supply to individuals?

There seems to be a real gap for these bushes in the market. Several distributors I've looked at list them for the first generation forester and for the third generation, but NOT for the second generation that I have. I guess because they are gel filled rather than solid rubber, most manufacturers don't want to know....

From all I've found so far, Subaru themselves don't even supply just the bushes (even in the mounting) or if they do they are VERY expensive.

Are the bushes interchangable with any other model of Subaru?

Many thanks.

Will order these and try them...

I would phone (company number in listing) and confirm parts via your reg number, also assume if you use 'add to cart' on eBay for both those bushes you will only pay one postal fee ...