have i the wrong ecu

hi i have replaced my engine with an open block 76000 mile1998 import 2.0 turbo wrx i did change over the intake manifold and im not sure i have ever had the correct ecu.......anybody have the awnser....car did come with this ecu its a 2C ECU with td05 turbo

the engine i removed was a 1994 turbo import wrx close deck think it was quicker to....im on 380 injectors want to no if i need to change my ecu or injectors thanks

Back to beginning mate

What was your engine you took out ?

New engine is a v4 by the sounds of it the problem is they changed the ecus a lot at the time. It's hard to pin out what one you need , the best bet is sling a daughter board on and nap it

can i ask why you changed from the better closed deck block to an open deck block ?, the ecus will be different as well as yours will have been a 4 block and now on either a 2 or a 3 block.

sorry re read and other way around.

97 /98 only the sti's and all 99 onwards had 440's

All other pre 98 had 380's so your inlet and grey 380cc injectors will be fine with the map on your standard original ecu baz .

The 97/98 ecu won't fit any other version classics due to the 3 plug loom anyways.

I would definitely get the car on a rolling road asap once the engine's in and running. As it's probably the best way to make 100% sure it's running spot on and for the sake of £50 it's better to be safe than sorry

• Like 1

hi ash  my closed deck one had head gasket and other possible problems but going for crack test and other work to be done at our own pace but closed deck felt much better .......i have 380cc injectors and swapped my intake manifold over and my coil packs from the v1 but istill running with 2c  ecu .......im probably going to keep this engine in for a year while i rebuild my closed deck not rushing lol.....

so am i right in guessing i need 440cc injectors with a diffrent ecu as does run ok but do notice on motorway it kind of misfire that may not be correct way to eplain it but kind of like chuggy for a couple of seconds then fine only now and again

ok thanks  thought rolling road was lot more than that i will look in to it thankyou

Did you use new gaskets for the inlet ect ?

Checked all vacuum hoses are fitted in the right place and not leaking?

Your using your injectors , inlet, turbo , wrx cams ... ect with your ecu so the map shouldn't be far out imo

What mods are you running on the standard map (ie induction, exhaust, fmic ect ) ?

thanks i will check it over also noticed the sound of gurgling water running through pipe behind dash again will keep eye on coolant levels daily as this thinking back was a problem i ignored and had air lock in heater matric before engine change over and after fitting this engine....no matt will be keeping cdb as a massive diffrence i missit already rebuild will be taking place in future not sure what is needed but will be done .....what year could my closed deck be used in as it may take while before i manage to get it repaired and i my change vehicle to face lift if i do i would want to use closed deck block in it