Possible Impreza WRX Owner! Bristol Based.

Hi everyone!

I may be a possible new owner depending on the outcome of a viewing I have planned for Tuesday.

The car in question is a silver 2007 2.5 WRX turbo Hawkeye. FSH and only one previous owner but with the mental mileage of 106,000.

Anything to look out for??? I don't see any cambelt history or clutch history so I may attempt to haggle down a fair bit for this.

My previous car was a 2004 Nissan 350Z GT but when the wife became pregnant I was told to sell up and buy a 'family car', having always loved Imprezas I thought I might try and trick her with it, haha

Anyhow, wish me luck and I hope it's a good 'un!!!

Darren

hi mate

welcome to the club

the hawkeye is one of the best looking scoobies. the mileage is fine, there are loads with over 100k, even 150k on the clock. my blob wrx is 105k and now running 330bhp.

there are horror stories about failing 2.5 engines, take these with a pinch of salt. the sti has the highest number of failed engines, the wrx only has a small % of fails. but the one you are looking at has done over 100k, so if it was going to fail I think it would have done by now ;)

106k is high, but it has probably spent most of it's life sat at 80mph on the motorway. would you rather buy one with 30k that has been a weekend toy? driven hard every weekend? my last blob had 52k , FSH and felt a good car, my new one has 105k, no receipt's (the garage selling it had done every service and the owner was loaded and no expense spared) and feels like new compared to the old one

don't just buy it cos it sounds good, or just because it has FSH, buy on condition and how it feels/drives

don't rush into buying the first one you see

Thanks for the advice Dave!

Here is the car in question: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-56-SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5-WRX-TYPE-UK-MANUAL-SALOON-106K-FSH-PARK-ASSIST-/141197907580?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e00d167c

If I did buy it I'd want to fit a genuine STI spoiler and also lower the car. Then possibly fit a different set of alloy wheel. Other than those few jobs though I think she looks pretty perfect.

I don't really want to buy the first one I see, but having sold the 350Z for 5K I need to find one that's within budget and I've fallen in love with the Hawkeye front end. So if this one does tick the boxes I probably will be buying it. Unless someone comes along and says they wrote the car off last year, haha

Also, a friend of mine that had one keeps sending me links to highly modified vehicles and to be honest I'd rather just have a nice honest unmolested one that I can make my own stamp on, if that makes sense?

1 of only 300..........with the smart nav option :wacko:.

there were probably 10,000 wrx's sold, but only 300 could justify the extra £1,500 for sat nav. now they are using that as a selling point?????

it looks a decent car and not a bad price

Oh I know! I think it costs some £120 a year as well. But with that you get a Tracker and your own personal person to chat nonsense to or something, haha

If anyone knows more about what Smart Nav entails it would be appreciated!

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I can see Dave has been doing a fine job with advice so won't add anything more than that :D  

Only thing I will say is pictures of the beast when you decide to get one is a must :D 

Thanks Gambit! I will give it a good detail once it's on my drive and slam up a bunch of snaps.

Can anyone confirm that car is a WRX? I'm assuming it is the 227BHP 2.5 turbo. Don't want to be shafted, haha

• Like 1

Looks a good price for the mileage.

I'd suggest test driving another so you can get the feel and have something to compare. Is there a garage with a more expensive newer lower mileage one for sale you can try out?

• Like 1

Well I will question him on that tomorrow. It's possible the previous owner was the only owner, but if the logbook says 3 then it's 3. Not too fussed either way tbh but will knock another few hundred quid off the price for his lies, haha

Got my insurance quote today for the year and it's actually £100 LESS than my 350Z was at £380 fully comp.

AXA who I'm with won't insure Imprezas at all so I'm jumping ship to Hastings!

Oh I know! I think it costs some £120 a year as well. But with that you get a tracker and your own personal person to chat nonsense to or something, haha

If anyone knows more about what Smart Nav entails it would be appreciated!

Yeah it's rubbish !

Had it in my van, mainly useless as has the tiniest display so you literally only get an arrow pointing down a section of road and if your on a roundabout with 5 or 6 turnings and it's busy god help you! It would miss minor turns off the route you'd take th wrong one as you'd assume it was next left but really it ment 2nd left.

So it's spoken instructuons and thats about it. Used to take me on the craziest of routes too as it calculates the quickest with live traffic info. May be 30miles difference but it thinks it knows best.