New member from fife area!

Hello to all subaru oc members my name is nick. I'm from the fife area In Scotland thought I would say hello to everyone. I have bought my first ever subaru n it is a 2005 2.0l impreza gx blobeye she ain't fast but she has very little miles on her and I only bought as I wanted a subaru and love the shape of the blobeye I will post up some pics of her. Plan on eventually either keeping Shell and swapping engine for a faster one or buying a wrx sti not to sure yet but suggestions are welcome and once again HELLO TO ALL

post-2513-0-19558500-1401354734_thumb.jp

post-2513-0-23109600-1401354836_thumb.jp

post-2513-0-46350000-1401354949_thumb.jp

post-2513-0-45682300-1401355004_thumb.jp

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C :)

unless you're going to buy another STI to just about swap all of it over I wouldn't really do the transplant with engines be better off just buying one that is good to go. :) 

Thanks 4758nigel n yeah so ave been told gambit but my mate done a engine swap with same car as mine but he put the twin turbo legacy engine in it with bigger turbos not sure what the bhp of it was but it was a monster of a car but then again he did have a lot of problems with it lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

We have loads of members from Scotland I'm sure the hold of the UK 60% of Subarus are in Scotland Scottishtaffy not sure if he is close to you. but can have a look in the Regional section ask in there if anyones local :) 

But if not more than welcome to travel south of the border and join in on the events like japfest and so one :D 

Sure would I know there's a car meet in Glenrothes on the 17th not sure if il be able to attend as I have the reserves that night but they regularly have meets and I'm sure there's a few subarus so we could attend one and arrange with they guys if they are up for it?

I might be struggling to attend that one my self man due to work. a weekend meet would be better for me to attend but if u hear of any others let me know and I will see if I can make it along and get some fellow subaru drivers on board [emoji16]

Yea weekends are a lot easier, if I manage to make it il have a word with a few of them see what we could arrange :D would be good to see others subarus from around the area :D

Hi mate

Welcome to the club

Don't bother with an engine swap, yes, you will get more bhp, but what about brakes, suspension, arb's, gearbox?

If you buy a wrx, it will only cost £1k in mod's to get 340bhp. Or if you want more bhp go for the sti. A remap and exhaust will see 340bhp, or swap turbo, injectors and remap and 450bhp is quite easily achieved

• 1 month later...

Hey Nrodgers91, Im new to the site as well, and the subaru world, I'm sure I've seen your motor about, I live in Newmills, I've got a 55 blob eye 300. I've been trying to find out if there are any ride outs anytime soon

Hey Rye300 welcome to the site. N do you own the blue one that sits across from the shop in new mills n there ain't many subaru rides up our way n I don't even hear of any other ones anymore apart from the Falkirk cruise which is boring now lol but trying to find more n get along but hard for me the now as I am nightshift but if u do hear of any give me a shout dude ad be happy to fire along [emoji16]

There is a group in the area called n/a nonsense racing that does meets it's not subaru meets but it's local I go with my scooby and there is a few they occasionally go also if your interested Facebook the group :)

Yeah I forgot about them I know a few of the boys that go to that the bit that usually there wi the blue subaru is constantly trying to get me to race him ehh naw mate I have a gx n you have a tuned up wrx waste of petrol lmao