Exhaust systems?

dezmond_vr6

Hi I'm just wondering which exhaust system to go for really? I'm after a nice but loud sound ( not ear bleeding ) good quality and performance. From what Iv read so far it's been nur spec, buddy club, hks ?? Also should it make much difference getting one custom made?? Alot cheeper. Ideally id like the jap look with slight angled exit.

Also I no I have to get it mapped aswell not sure on prices for this?? Can I not just have it set up so fuel and air is right or is that basically a map??

Thanks in advance I no I'm posting a lot I'm just trying to get all info before trying to put to getter the car how I want it.

Hi afterburner raptor is the one i would go for put one on my hawkeye a couple of months ago after replacing the prodrive exhaust. sounds awesome has the jap exit back box and cheaper than the hks or nur spec. got mine from Scoobyworld & if your taking out the cats you will need a remap for sure or your engine management light will come on. Scoobyworld can do the exhaust and remap for you.

from a fitment and performance perspective it is their equal - they may weigh slightly less so if you are in a stripped out light weight that would mean something but given there is very little to the afterburner I don't thing you would be able to tell in a normal car.

As mentioned before Scooby world are good to talk to - when I have spoken to them in the past they have been very helpful, check these out

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_53

for what you want / need I would go for the afterburner product and spend the money saved on a session with JGM or an alternative as you may find to take full advantage additional expense may be needed on servicing injectors, replacing / uprating fuel pump and air filter

Ive had 2 subarus now & 3 different exhaust systems on mine prodrive hks & now the afterburner. from my point of view the afterburner is the best, the sound & build quality is excellent. Haywood & Scott build the exhaust for Scoobyworld. mines been on the car for two months & ive never looked back it comes with a life time warranty & i had no issues fitting it. Youtube has a video of the afterburner on it. hope this helps.

To be honest guys I'm only in a prodrive spec sti and dnt want to go silly so after burner sounds good to me from what uv both said. Do they all come with the blue tip on the exhaust if rather not have that. Is it a full turbo back system or just cat back I want? Also I hope I dnt need uprated injectors and all that lot with running prodrive this it's already uprated to a degree. Only gona be doing exhaust and map to make air and fuel right. Hopefully gain abit of power from it but I suppose the main thing is better sound.

The prodrive upgrade may well have included the uprated fuel pump already but if it is not supplying the correct pressure it may need changing - this you will find out when having it mapped. I wasnt suggesting an injector upgrade more a clean to ensure they are performing as they should. Miltek again great product but you pay for it.

Nothing wrong with the Ninja if that is your preferred taste. Dependant on what model Afterburner you buy it will be cat back or not - obviously if you buy a back box only it wont be from the cat back but if you buy the cat back package it will be

The miltek cat back on Scooby world is roughly same price as the afterburner. Just not the look I'm after. Oh well I'll have to have a think and see. The mapping from Scooby world is about 550 didn't think it would be that much. Once Iv paid 350 for the exhaust aswell I might aswell get the proformance package from them at 924. Crazy money tho.

Haven't read all the replies so do apologies if anyone has said anything better but I have a magnex on my Subaru sport non turbo and I personally think it sounds nice it's not too loud but has a nice noise too it, no idea on prices as mine came with the car

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Magnex manufactured a great product dont think they make ones for Subarus anymore - not listed on the website

http://www.magnexexhausts.com/

Scorpion as an option as well - Imola or Suzuka tail pipe styles (both single round one larger than other)

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Scorpion&category=exhaust&product=ExhaustSystems&make=Subaru&model=Impreza

Ah guess I got lucky with the one on my car then woo :D I love the sound of it haha will get a video soon if anyone wants to hear it :) yea iv heard a fair few good reviews of the scorpion exhaust

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a cobra turbo back non resonated.  Build quality is excellent and reasonable value for money.  Available in a lot of tailpipe options.  Sounds loud and throaty but doesn't give you a nur spec inflicted headache on motorway runs 

http://www.cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust-products/subaru/impreza/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-2.html

• Like 2

Hi, not sure about the responses haven't had chance to read most of them :wub:  but I have got the Hayward and Scott straight through system on my Hawkeye. Even without the cats it is not too noisy, I like to hear the sound but it is not as you say ear bleeding loud and it looks nice too it has a straight exit (I am not a fan of the slash cut / jap style exits). Yes a remap would be required if you are doing the decat route but £550 from Scoobyworld is a bit steep when you have to pay for the exhaust as well. I think I paid £300 for my remap

• Like 1

Not sure what Scoobyclinic charge for a remap. Or you could try Martin at Sheffield Subaru Services see if he know's anyone 

Simon 

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/JollyGreenMonster.co.uk.htm

Andy forrest could try him 

http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/

CONTACT

sales@andyforrestperformance.co.uk

Payments via

paypal@andyforrestperformance.co.uk

Tel

01875 811811

AFP 

Harbour Garage

Port Seton

East Lothian

EH32 0DS

So you from Hull ?

This guys in Brigg spoke to him a few times worth a shot. 

http://www.map-tech.co.uk/

• Like 1

Cant really recommend a remapper.  Only had mine a few months and the work was already done.  Quick google search turned up A1 in Hull.  Seems to have strong reviews

I have a cobra turbo back non resonated. Build quality is excellent and reasonable value for money. Available in a lot of tailpipe options. Sounds loud and throaty but doesn't give you a nur spec inflicted headache on motorway runs

http://www.cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust-products/subaru/impreza/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-2.html

Me to mate although nines resonated as I didn't want mental loud. Sounds good when givinf it some but quite restrained at idle

• Like 1

so far jolly green monster said 660 wel after 350 for the exhaust it hardly seems worth it to me. i could get the full performance package from scooby world for jus over 1k.

i'll keep lookin and emailing. iv emailed the other 2 aswell hope for a better answer haha