Accrington calling

Just thought I would introduce myself.

Name is Steve, 58 i`m on my 4th Outback....ive had 3 2.5s and last year I bought a top spec 3 litre 2005 model with only 60k on the clock, hardly run in at all and in superb condition!

;)

post-2579-0-00753500-1402584452_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Probably the best 4 & a half grand ive ever spent!.............I only had it 2 weeks and a big-assed dog ran out and into me trashing the front bumper, bought a 2nd hander from eBay for £70 its been sprayed up and its going on at the weekend. 

Considering getting a re-map done soon to up the fuel consumption....that's the only down side of a 3 litre :lol:

Would I gain anything using a super unleaded fuel?

Never had a jap car in all my years until I bought my 1st OB. Now I'll have nothing else. This is the best I've had and the 1st 3 ltr. You get a lot of car for a little money♥ and this one can shift!

Yeah....has the stock system which is all stainless steel, the twin pipes look very cool and it has a slight "reserved" wolf in sheeps trousers sound. I`m in my late 50s so I suppose its a bit like myself.  :lol:

Bet it feels awesome to drive though :)

There like nothing else I've ever driven, smooth, quiet, very quick, built like a battleship and goes anywhere. No timing belt to orry about. The difference of having the 5 speed auto is awesome. And its worth the extra £ tax believe me! They're just so reliable.

I could just do with a few more miles to the gallon. Max is 30mpg on a run to Edinburgh.

Try using Shell vpower or another brand of super unleaded, see how your MPG is then. So far I've done 4000 miles in my 2.0R and just by using vpower the avg mpg has gone up from 28 up to 33.

You should come to the NBO meet in a few weeks and japfest 2 at the end of Aug. Be nice to have a nosey at a 3ltr model haha, Has yours got leather seats?

• Like 1

Try using shell vpower or another brand of super unleaded, see how your MPG is then. So far I've done 4000 miles in my 2.0R and just by using vpower the avg mpg has gone up from 28 up to 33.

You should come to the NBO meet in a few weeks and japfest 2 at the end of Aug. Be nice to have a nosey at a 3ltr model haha, Has yours got leather seats?

Oh yes, you can't beat the feel of leather on your back side. Where's the meet at?

I'll try the v power next time I fill up.

It's more of an event than a meetup Japfest two but be good to see an Outback on the stands not got one going :( we even have an SVX going and their like rocking horse poo :D 

NBO (Northern Big One) hole bunch are meeting up for the day should be a good laugh it's a big Subaru day, but we needed minimum 15 cars going for a club stand but was a few short, but was a last minute event :( 

All the event and meets are HERE mate 

It's more of an event than a meetup Japfest two but be good to see an Outback on the stands not got one going :( we even have an SVX going and their like rocking horse poo :D

NBO (Northern Big One) hole bunch are meeting up for the day should be a good laugh it's a big Subaru day, but we needed minimum 15 cars going for a club stand but was a few short, but was a last minute event :(

All the event and meets are HERE mate 

Remind me nearer the day. At the moment i`m suffering from a trapped nerve in my back which radiates excruciating pain down my left leg and can`t walk too far... :wacko: ..hardly at all really, the tramadol and morphine is just about keeping me together. I have an MRI scan next Weds so hopefully they can repair me pretty soon after that.

We`re off today to the northern soul weekender at Cleethorpes....only going cos its paid for ^_^  so that will give me an idea of how far I can push the pain. Daft as it sounds I can drive fine with it being an auto, although i`m now chancing a 2 hr drive so going in the wife's mini. :lol:

Fingers crossed im ok for August (I fecking well better be!!!) would be glad to attend ;)