Hi, Im a Newbie to the forum and Just bought my first Impreza. Its an older model Impreza turbo 2000 Awd.  Im going to keep her standard, but to do this I am going to have to replace the decatted stainless steel exhaust with an original exhaust.

Well thats my intro and I hope to do a few more posts over time.

Johnny. 

cheers for the welcome  ;)

Only the little image on my avatar. I will take some pics when its not bucketing down with rain. Its got a k/n panel filter but thats all I know so far. I will get a better look at it at work on Monday. I will stick it on the 2 poster ramp and get a good look underneath. I dont think the car has an OBDII socket ( 08/97 model) but is there any sockets to connect our Launch diagnostic computer too? we have the full set with various fittings that we have never needed to use on any cars we get in. 

here is a bigger photo, right hand wing needs repaired and a couple of bit need welding under rear bumper but the sills are solid. Only problem I have is when trying to drive slow, the car chugs a little when changing in to 2nd gear. 

post-2587-0-74999100-1402822401_thumb.jp

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

You're correct they don't have a OBDII code but you can read the codes GUIDE HERE :)

And please feel free to join in on the rest of the forum great bunch on here all friendly, bit of everything goes on here so don't be shy :) 

• Like 1

Hello welcome, pre 2000 car's had the jap based diagnostic system, so there is a port under the steering column that looks like OBD but isnt, I cant remember the name of the system off the top of my head but if you have loads of diagnostic equipmet at work chances are you may have the right stuff

Sent from my SM-T210

• Like 1

I know people a lot older than that with them. :)

So at least you can tell your wife you're not quite there yet :D

I told her. I was buying a wrx sti now. I said you told me to. You should hear what she called you lol

Loving it bare. and thanks everyone for the welcome. My wife says its a midlife crisis because Im 41  :rolleyes:

I'm 45 mate so I guess I'm having one too. I do kind feel like it driving around with a PPP WR Sport exhaust burbling away :D My 15 year old laughed at me when I turned up to pick her up in my burbling car blasting our Arman VanBurren 

but then I've always been into cars...I've just prioritised other things for the past 6 years...I've had enough of sensible Jus ;)

The Mrs used to love my first Impreza (got a Bug new in 2001)...but she refuses to drive my current Blob and keeps complaining it makes her feel sick lol. She's too smart to say "its me or the car"  :lol:

• Like 2

Wotcha and welcome - there are a few of us other side of 40 - I cant really see it as being a midlife crisis if you have always been into cars more a case of what JNG said re prioritisation  ;) 

• Like 1