Cant check sticker until tomorrow because its at the garage. Another thing, the coil leads were routed wrong for the drivers side (o/s) they seem too short. Im going to replace coil pack and leads. that way I know they are fine. I already have new plugs and filter in but not starting it until i have had the timing cover off and check all timing marks align. I have a friend who had one tooth out on an exhaust cam and its giving the same symptoms as what he had. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, how you geting on with the car ?

With regards to the nine pin plug where is it located & what year is your car ?

My lead has arrived but it doesn't work to be honest I wasn't expecting it to as I have an OBD style port on my97 car. But no OBD it only has nine pins though so was thinking about changing it to a different block.

I think mine uses an Techtom MDM-100 reader or somthing similar to read the subaru select management software. To be honest it's doing my head in hahaha

The adapter from 9 pin obd to 16 pin obdII system I have is from a system called Launch diagnostics (google them) . If you were closer to me then I would do it for you, But I think I am miles away.

Anyway the car is back off the road because it has started farting and hesitating at low speeds. A bit like jerking and kangaroo petrol lol. I have fitted new coilpack and new plugs and leads as well as a new panal filter. I fitted a new timing belt and it ran great until I booted the car. I think that the hydraulic tensioner is faulty and allowing the belt to be slack thus allowing the valve timing to be out. It will fit a complete timing belt kit after my holidays in Norfolk ( 11th to 19th July :) ) If that fails to sort it then I will try injector number 4 because the obdII system brought up that when doing the data test with engine running. Im sure a faulty injector would cause this jerkyness low rev driving. Im keeping the exhaust now because I love the sound now lol. The maf sensor is not throwing up any faults. so its timing kit...injector...o2 sensor then take it from there. I so much want this car to run smooth because its nice to drive when not annoying me at low revs 

Ah well at least you are getting there !

Thanks for the offer idealy I want something I van plug in and gather loads of info from I stead of just using the green & black plugs. Looks like up to 96 haf the nine pin yellow plug next to the pair of diagnostic ones.

Still I came across an opensource version of yhe subaru select management suite awhile back but din't know much about it so did a little more digging today and am in the process of downloading it to my laptop and have ordered a cable that should work.

Will keep you posted :-D

• Like 1