Newbie girl with first scooby

Bounce

Hi Bounce welcome to S.O.C 

She looks a beaut from the picture. Regular services and let her warm up and get to temperature should be good to keep her going for a long time :) I'd also recommend using the high grade petrol :D

Hi Bex

welcome to the club

car looks nice and clean, has it got any mod's done? is there anything you want to do to it?

like gambit says, use 97 or 99 ron fuel (not regular 95 ron) and let it warm properly before putting your foot down (steady driving below 3k rpm is fine)

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - that is a clean look motor you have there, as Gambit said decent fuel will make it run lovely and when you service the air filter dont have one with oil, an oil free hi flow panel filter will keep the airflow sensor fine.

but I must warn you with Subarus modifying can be addictive its a slippery slope but one hell of a slide, have a browse of the forum as we are fortunate to have members with some choice machinery and lots of different modifications

• Like 1

Thanks Guys!

I'm lucky she is alreay moded :)

I'm not great with the technical jargan, But she has had special air filters put in, the cat out, exchast re-done, silencer. Then theres the chip and re-map back in 2011. Then she was running at 263bph when tested. I do want a dump value put in though!

She has every now and then have the engine light flash on and off for about 3 mins or so; is that cos the oils not warm enough yet?

Oh yes the amazing Scooby smile every time I drive  her!

Thx

• Like 1

Nice and from your technical jargon wasn't to bad I understood what you meant :D

With the flashing ECU best bet would get a code reader OBDII Bluetooth adapter from eBay and Torque Pro from the app store you can read the codes clear them and see if they come back. If they do post them up be able to tell you what it is :D

Hopefully be able to give you some more technical jargon if it needs any work to tell the garage :D But fingers crossed it's just old stored codes or something simple :) 

• Like 1

it's nothing to do with oil temp.

there will be a problem somewhere, probably something small, but be careful putting your foot down in case it's running lean (not enough fuel, so burns hot and can melt engine internals)

get the fault codes read and then you can sort the fault and drive without worrying

• Like 1

what "chip" has it got ?

yeah fantastic cars i love em, and dump valve........ go forge or HKS the baileys chav valves are a bit ****

Haha :lol:  I've got Baileys on both the cars :) But I do prefer the HKS ones