Mark Higgins In Car TT Lap

Gaulson

It's mental, having the tail end step out at 90+ while going over a crest and catching it like it's nothing. What a guy! Good exercise as well it seems, 150bpm for 20 mins... good excuse if you get caught driving fast. "Hello officer, just doing my daily exercise, keeping fit and all that" ;)

I've said it before I think Higgins is a very underestimated driver I know alot of people go on about Ken Block he's good higgins is just in a league of his own I think it's more down to him not being shown on TV a lot of people don't get to enjoy his skill. :( 

Ken Block is a good showman, he can get the car sideways and all that but when it comes to split decisions or close calls he's just rubbish lol. Not a proper rally driver :P . Mark Higgins is epic!

• Like 2

Block is fine when he has set the course up and done 30 odd pratices and re-takes, but as you guys have said put him in a real rally situation and he just does not have that special something top drivers have. If he had been doing rallying for all his career in WRC he would be a lot better but he does look like a rookie when it comes to top level rallying.

Which I think shows that if the WRC was the premiership, Rally America would be 1st division and European Rallies would be Championship.

Thats also proved I think by Higgin's succes in the states. When he has done WRC he never really did that well but has been great at the national level. I think this is also backed up by his amazing TT run. It was fantastic and showed great knowledge and car control. Bear in mind though He does live on the Isle of Man so he knows the roads like the back of his hand and has done many laps of the circuit. I wonder how Loeb would have done in the STI?

• Like 1