Engine bay chrome.

King^Lee

Hi guys made a start cleaning my engine bay today, im having trouble getting the chrome to clean up.

Mainly the intercooler / alternator area and even my hks dumpvalve, looks like salt damage from the past.

Ayone know a good product or technique to getting them clean ?

are they not just alloy - not chrome - if alloy go with auto solve and elbow grease, it can work on chrome also but is a little too abrasive so I wouldn't recommend it. If it is alloy and well past it you may need to take them off and get the polishing wheel to them (not the fins on the intercooler) get the metal to an even finish then use very fine wet and dry to give the dull factory alloy finish. the dump valve I would remove, strip down and polish

• Like 1

Yeah your right alloy not chrome, thanks for the tips, i dont think i will ever show off my bay but do like the feeling of having it clean;) dont really want to take anything off if i can help it. Will look into auto solve.

Do you think there is a way of getting the fins clean on the intercooler ?

I used auto glym machine cleaner to clean most of the ally bits , lightly sanded them with abrasive pads (halfrauds contour pads) and then polished them with autosol .

It's brought them up nice and shiny but im still looking for a product to keep em that way

• Like 2