Help ...Parts or Project

ScoobyS15

post-2721-0-81565400-1404731567_thumb.jppost-2721-0-78336100-1404731607_thumb.jppost-2721-0-58068800-1404731656_thumb.jppost-2721-0-48816400-1404731732_thumb.jppost-2721-0-21375900-1404731775_thumb.jp

Hi Everyone,

I am after a bit of advice,I have a really nice classic 1999 Impreza T2000 on which, unfortunately, the radiator blew and the head gasket has gone. It happened about four weeks ago.

I've had the car for 14 years and it has some unique features including White Leather upholstery and a factory fitted sun roof (Have enclosed some pictures).

The car is MOT'd from late January and I can give details where needed.

Now i'm exploring my options; do I sell her in parts? or is she worth more as a whole to someone who wants to restore her as a 'project'   Any ideas as to value?

And I,d be glad of some advice on where to advertise, so as to target the right people. I,m in the Chester area.

Would be grateful for your thoughts.....Thanks

One thing to consider if you break it for parts is this:

Once the best bits have gone: interior, wheels, brakes, suspension and any other desirable bits you may have, the rest will sit there for a long time.

As much as the sunroof is a nice feature for you, it's an off putting one for a lot of folk as it makes the Shell less stiff if it were to be put on a track for example.

If you are the type that wields the spammers a lot and regularly, it won't take long to strip the car down. If you are only an occasional spanner user, it will take a long time with much swearing and grazed knuckles along the way.

As above, it's probably only worth a few hundred as it is so in my opinion the best way forward is replace the head gaskets. The next best option is get a secondhand engine put it. ( I always have a fear of the head gaskets or bearings letting go the following week though)

• Like 1

Are you a 100% it's the head gasket? I was told mine was gone too in my turbo 2000 and found out it was radiator and thermostat. If you haven't already done so get a sniff test done and see it for yourself!!

My turbo 2000 was also a pain in the !Removed! to bleed but if you get a proper garage to look at it they will do it quickly.

Just a suggestion but feel for you if it's the HG.

All the best.

• Like 1