Subaru recall in North America 2005-2009 Legacys and Outbacks, 2008-2011 Imprezas, 2008-2014 Impreza WRX/STIs, and 2009-2013 Foresters.

Scooby Pete

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/03/autos/subaru-recall/

Attention cold climate drivers, Subaru said Thursday that it is recalling 660,238 vehicles.

The recall covers vehicles that are currently, or have ever been registered, in what Subaru calls the "20 salt belt states" - where salt is used to melt ice and snow in the winter months.

Not sure if it affects us this side of the pond, always good to know though. Our winters aren't that bad but some of the northern owners might want to contact Subaru to see if they are affected.

If i remember correctly its something to with the salt/grit getying through a small gap under the car and possibly corroding some of the brake lines.

I think they just clean off the corrosion and apply some protective fluid.

• 3 weeks later...

Just called my local Subaru dealer and they confirmed the recall.

My 05 Outback is going in next Wednesday for inspection and rectification if necessary.

I've got nowt from the DVLA or Subaru UK HQ so thanks for the heads up.

Apparently its the rear four way brake pipe union that corrodes and needs checking or changing.

My MOT man never said anything so I'm assuming mine is not to bad.

• 2 weeks later...

My motor went in to Bell & Coleville for the recall inspection and all is well. They did a full inspection underneath the car and just gave me an advisory on slightly worn front anti roll bar bushes which I already suspected due to the occassional bump from underneath. As for the actual recall issue no problems. Sorted.

How long was it in for mate....thinking mine will have to wait until it's annual service in Dec as can't afford the time off work or inconvenience at the minute

Great, thanks Tom. I'm guessing I'll need an appointment so might bring the subject up when they call to say my touch up paint is ready for collection. I can then spend an hour looking round the showroom haha

How long was it in for mate....thinking mine will have to wait until it's annual service in Dec as can't afford the time off work or inconvenience at the minute

Sorry for the delayed response. They had the motor for about 50 mins. Told me exactly what they had looked for and also did an underbody inspection while they were at it pointing out my slightly worn front ARB bushes which I already knew about. The actual recall problem was not present on mine which is nice.