Baileys dump valve

eddie555

Mine does that, I have a Bailey dump valve. I can hear it whistle if I'm slowly accelerating, if I floor it might do it but the engine and so on drown it out. As far as I'm aware it's normal, my brother in law (a mechanic) doesn't seem to be worried.

Only real reason to fit one is for the noises you mention...so if you weren't expecting the noise why did you fit it?

Scoobs are designed for full recirc so if you dump it's not that good for your engine. I love the sound myself although some see it as cavvy :d

I didn't say it was chavvy...people I've talked to said it was...mainly cos it doesn't improve performance and some say it actually damages you engine..so it's fitted for purely cosmetic reasons, just for the trip to the mac Donald's drive thru.

Again, mate not my view :d

Have you got the same setting as your mate? You can usually set them to full vent, 50-50, full recirc or a variant between. Perhaps you have it on full vent?

• Like 1

I care not one ounce of !Removed! what people think about them I have one I like it :) and there isn't anything that says it does damage the engine just some engines don't like them more the classic shape than the newage. Some people will say they help prolong the life of a turbo, who know's if it does or not :) 

might be the turbo spooling or the wastegate 

Does it sound like this ? 

• Like 2

Hi gambit, thanks for the vid, it's similar to that as I hear it while accelerating medium to full throttle, but it's more of a higher pitched whirring/whistling.

I did get it from a local breakers tho, who said it was working fine on donor car.

Do you think it may need to be stripped and cleaned? If so what would I need to use to clean it?

Cheers

Had a look at mine and it's dirty. We have the same sound like I said, turns out I can hear it when accelerating hard. It is the turbo spooling up, it's like a whine.whistle that isn't that loud but can be heard.

The metal parts of the valve carb cleaner the rubber but smear washing up liqued on it the wipe it off with kitchen roll or a towel if ur not afraid of the wife exploding because you've got another tea towel dirty

• Like 1

It makes the phssht sound when I take my foot off. It makes the whirring (whistling) sound when accelerating

I had the whistling noise but I changed gasket and nois gone. Now I have just phssht sound when I take my foot off.