Child Seat Detection

SubaruXVenthusiast

I'm currently looking into the XV and Forester for my next SUV. I'm looking for something for carrying my mountain bike on the weekends but also capable of bringing along my son, if need be. I'm wondering if these vehicles have a manual switch in the glovebox for turning off the airbag so my infant son is safe. Would someone know for both vehicles what the passenger airbag system uses? Thanks!

Depending on how you want to carry the bikes, both will support a roof bike rack. XV is much firmer suspension and better handling, forester is definitely the more refined of the two. XV has the highest NCAP rating for infant occupants in its class, if that's important to you. Well worth looking on YouTube for the NCAP tests.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Do you know what, I haven't managed to find a way to turn off the airbag detection. It's an automatic system, if you put a child seat in it it's active, you need a rear facing seat I don't think (from what I can make out) that you can use a forward facing seat in the XV or forester. I'll have another look though see if I can work it out. I don't have kids so it's not something I've looked at

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk