Cylinder 2 misfire

Pinson-89

On my way home from work yesterday my car started flashing it's engine management light, the car was driving fine up until that point. I got home plugged my obd reader in and it said misfire on cylinder 2, the car sounded fine didn't sound like a misfire at all. The other day a friend was behind me I was in 4th at about 30-40mph put my foot down when the car got to about 3-4k rpm it felt like the revs stopped rising for a second or 2 and my friend said it pumped out black smoke. I'm going to start with replacing spark plugs and a new fuel filter (I only use super fuels). I've deleted the code and been on a few little runs without any incidents. Also I put £60ish in last week I have quarter of a tank left and have only covered 110 miles I would expect to get close to 200, I've not really driven it hard with this tank could it be related to my misfire fault? Cheers in advance

So on my way home I decided to unplug the maf, the revs went up slightly and I got 4codes pop up (all to do with me unplugging) it seems to drive better and I have no misfire code, so think I may have found my culprit, but shouldn't not having the maf in make the car run poor?

Also would there be any way to test the injectors without sending them away for bench testing? Is there a how to guid for removal or are they pretty much straight forward? What's the easiest way to test the spark without getting shocked?