Closed Deck?

Martin959

Yup... WAAAAY cheaper... I was planning to change almost everything on mine... but I guess buying a new engine would be the best option xD

Maybe a 2.0 from 2000 era... if it fits... :P

There are a number of companies who will fill or 'pin' the void spaces in the block to make it closed-deck. Opinion in the Subaru world is divided on how good this is. Some big-name engine builders do this, while others say it's a waste of time.

Obviously doing this won't give you the additions oil squirters, but you will get the extra strength.

If you are building an EJ20 or EJ22 you might as well buy an original CDB, but that isn't an option with the EJ25 as they never made a CDB version. However from 2010 the EJ25 is a new 'heavy duty' design which is semi-closed with thicker sidewalls.

• Like 1

what is your reasoning for going for a closed Deck, if its just going to stay under the 400bhp mark you will be fine for the semi or non closed, The CDB are alot better for engines running high bhp or high boost constantly.

• Like 1