F***ing Cars

Well after thinking I was making head way with my Scooby im thoroughly annoyed.

found someone to repaint the bonnet, roof, boot and spoiler as the prev owner made a complete hash of it, I whent to sunderland to collect it today and drop the pajero off as that's having some tarting up done to it.    to find that the wing had had a paint reaction so it has to go back up there to be done again......on the plus side he is referbing my wheels for me for free because of it.

then on the way back the speedo cable snaps off in the gearbox (now have to try get that out somehow)

check engine light comes on and stays on....after checking the codes im getting 23,24,31,33.

23 is maff sensor....doubt this as it was new when I put new engine in.

24 is

Idle Control System Malfunction 24 ISC Valve (Stick) 24 Open/Short in ISC Valve Circuit

don't know what the second 2 are but the first could be linked to the maff.

Throttle Position Sensor Circuit

33 Vehicle Speed Sensor

all could be linked and the ecu is just throwing a fit as I done a reset on the ecu and it then just came up with 31 and 33

what do you guys think

I think with how you have dealt with the car so far this will be easily resolved. Grab a cup of horlicks (Gambit would probably tell you bovril  :wacko:)  cuddle the missus and have a look in the morning.

You know whats good and you have had something break as well which may affect the error codes on top of resetting the ECU so multiple scenarios which can be approached in the light of day eliminated one by one.

But it is good you are getting your wheels done as well - an inconvenient bonus

Do what jay said I actually prefer hot chocolate and marsh mellows :) But after you have walked around the car screaming you F@£$ing peace of $h@T I'm going to scrap you!   <<<(Scare tactics)

:( But think I would start with the gearbox and sort the speedo cable out. Then sort the ECU out have it checked, or find the upgrade your after and have it fitted and see what comes back.

right fault codes sorted, Battery was taken off by the paint shop and alarm wasn't reactivated problem so was causing an issue.

lower speedo cable is being a ****** and I cant get this out.

anyone have any ideas

I had major greif getting a busted speedo out, I tried everything I could to remove it. After posting on another forum for advise, the advise was just smash the speedo cable retaing nut (orange plastic bit that screws into the gear box) to get it out.

Due to the lack of room in the engine bay I could not get any angle on the orange plastic bit and ended up taking to a garage. They dropped the rear of the box down and managed to remove the cable for me. Cost me about £50.