Viewing Today: Anything to look out for?

DarrenWRX

Hey guys,

Viewing this later on today, anything that jumps out as a "Don't buy!"? Anything to ask or to look for?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321546477646&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

If i do purchase it I plan to remove the spoiler and replace with a genuine STI wing, remove the window tints, and remove that shark fin assembly shoved onto the roof, so will try and haggle down the cost of the car.

Thanks in advance!

Looks clean and tidy I would see what warranty it has with it being from a garage. Just check the brake pads and discs for signs of sticky piston listen to the engine running from underneath for knocks check all the gears through a few rev ranges  :) 

Thanks Gambit! It's actually an old school friends business and he had it come in PX a few weeks ago. Obviously when it comes to business and money and friends it's a war zone. He offered it to me for 3250 before he had it motd and put new tyres on it so I'm expecting to pay at least 3500 but I don't think that's a bad price.

Looks fine mate. I would ask has it got a receipt of where it was remapped (they aren't the most simple cars to map so pays to take it somewhere well known) and was it carried out after the mods - sounds strange but I'd expect a little bit more than that after a remap on one of these. It is relatively low power though so shouldn't have had too hard a life.

Apart from that just carry out the regular checks - history, rust, any odd noises especially from suspension etc. as well as what Gambit said. Also make sure to check the cambelt history. It should have had one every 40k or 5 years, so this should have had one recently.

wow that's pretty annoying, but as they say everything happens for a reason.

Yeah that's the train of thought I'm going with. There's a 2004 WRX based in Birmingham that has the sti spoiler already on it priced at only a few hundred quid extra so may try and view that.