any forester 2.5xt drivers out there

I'm looking to buy a new car, its got to be practical (ie: estate), quick, not too common and ideally 4 wheel drive

I've narrowed the options down to a Legacy 3.0R Spec B or a Forester 2.5 XT

I've already done plenty of research into the Legacy but the Forester is a new option for me so I don't know too much about them other than they are pertty quick and if you can handle a bit of body role they handle well

What I would like to know is what they're like on the motorway, with only 5 gears and acceleration like that I imagine the gearing is quite short, what are they like comfort wise on long journeys and what mpg can people get on the motorway?

I'm looking at something around 2005 with 60k to 90k on the clock is there anything I should look out for or any major work I should check has been done (cam belt, etc)

Thanks in advance for your advice

1st off I would like to0 say welcome to S.O.C :)

And sorry can't really comment on either car I've only ever had the Impreza but I know from what people on the forums say there both great car's. So I would rather them tell you there self's :) <<<( Yes I'm passing the book along) :D

I have the forester 55 plate just driven 300+ miles, lovely drive always want to give you more. Very comfortable done a steady 80 most of way, only one problem a big problem for my boy, there are thease &#33;Removed&#33; cameras everywhere so you have to hold the reigns in.

• Like 2

Drive a Forester STI, great car, just changing to an Outback.

Its wicked, you can do a lot with a Forester turbo.

BTW it will be up for sale soon with a brand new engine in it.

ATVB.

AM