ImprezaType UK pics as promised

Jay762

Right - finished cleaning and started with first simple mods - light bulbs + PIAA wipers, IMO something that should be standard on any new car as I now hate driving in the rain without them.

The car had obviously spent some time under trees as there was a lot of green gunge behind the rear light units, having taken them off and got a tooth brush in behind the perspex I was surprised to see water in the unit itself - not a great seal, I have found some more in the drivers side mirror indicator repeater. Has anyone sealed these units? is it a problem if just left? If not how do you get the mirror apart?

two of the wheels are showing signs of corrosion and so will need a refurb before too long, a little surprised at this for what I consider to be a relatively new car, is this common or are they generally good on subarus?

IMG_4316_zpsea71edf5.jpg

IMG_4317_zps2f63d3bf.jpg

coming soon to a rear view mirror near you...

IMG_4322_zpscca91dbd.jpg

Prodrive stainless steel sports backbox collects water in the end pipes - I thought of drilling x4 small drainage holes, opinions, thoughts appreciated

IMG_4324_zps28cddeed.jpg

hi mate.salt n stone chips sumtimes cause wheels to blister if the coatings crap.i wount dill any holes in the tail pipes coz it could rust n change the note to have a littel wisel.anyway wen u boot it the water will dry or get blowern out.hope iv helped u a bit.safe n happy driveing.an if in dout flat out.:-D

(Wipe's the drool away) She look's nice mate. And I agree I wouldn't drill any hole's just let it come out on it's own, it will not hurt it in anyway, both the Subaru's do it. And with the Alloy's other then just keeping them clean not much you can do as said before by Matthew carter. Bit of polish when you clean her might help from them getting any worse for now

Cheers guys will keep them as is - and now its dark, before and after standard lights vs LED and Xenon high beam

Standard side

IMG_4314_zpsba2a2ad8.jpg

LED Side

IMG_4325_zpsd1346e0b.jpg

Standard High beam

IMG_4314_zpsba2a2ad8.jpg

Xenon high beam - all nice and white now, the camera did filter the brightness though so these pics are more to show colour hue

IMG_4326_zps9c8774b3.jpg