Remote Needed

thrumpi

i bought both mine from this seller. Although mine say Sigma on them. Seller didn't have the fobs with Subaru on them at the time. They're the same M series remote though so exactly the same apart from the sticker on the case

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Unused-Sigma-Subaru-style-M-Series-Alarm-Remote-Control-Fob-AC38-/151271743460?item=151271743460&pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item23387f9fe4

Hello again

Another problem ... I have the keyless entry remote and want to program it.

I have already changed the pin on car and can stop the alarm using keypad after entering with my 2nd key, which has transponder only and no remote. The key starts the car.

New keyless remote fob arrived today and so attempting to re programme original key with remote, and the new fob.

I am using this process:

Arm and disarm using working radio key

*17856*91*2#

Press both radio keys in turn.

But ... The light on the keypad starts flashing fast after I start putting in the numbers, so I abort the process. (Afraid of losing the programming of the one remote that I have)

Am I going wrong somewhere or should I just persist? Should I have put in my PIN before starting?

All help much appreciated.

Programming Remote Keys to the System:

Remote keys can be added or removed to/from the system following the sequence below:
i)    Type in to the keypad        **
ii)    Type in to the keypad the    “existing PIN code”  then *
iii)    Type in to the keypad        91 *  “ the number of keys to be used” #
iv)    Press the first remote key button until bleep sounds, release and press next key. Continue until all keys have been taught to the system.  Note the maximum number of keys is 4 and all keys required to operate the system must be taught during this operation - any key not included will no longer operate the system.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly

- When a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be aborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Your way will work also, it just matter of getting use to keyboard & not being too slow or stalling at a step too long or you have to start from scratch.