Remote Needed

thrumpi

Hi, I am new to this forum and in need of help.

I have just bought a Forester 2.0 XT 2003 with no keys or remote. I have had a key cut and programmed but do not have a remote. Can anyone let me know the exact remote I need and the best place to get one from ( other than the dealers)? From the paperwork I have with the vehicle I believe the alarm that is fitted is a M30/812000991201505(serial #) it has a seperate key pad and I have the original PIN. When I tried the new key for the first time all the dash warning lights came on but the starter motor would not kick in. I presume this was due to the immobiliser? I tried the PIN a number of times with no result. After leaving the car for a while I tried again and after entering the PIN a couple of times the alarm sounded and the hazards were flashing, I tried to start the car but it was still the same. I re-entered the PIN and the alarm stopped and the dash LED came on constant, this time the car started.

I left the car running for about an hour before turning off, after about 30 secs the dash LED went out and the car was immobilised again. I tried the PIN and nothing happened, again after a couple of attemps the alarm was sounding untill I re-entered the PIN. The alarm stopped and the dash light was on constant and the car started. I am not familiar with this alarm system and it could be that I was not waiting long enough between entering the PIN numbers or I have read that if you turn the key on & off a few time this also dissarms the immobiliser. I am not sure yet exactly what I did to start it. Any help would be appreciated, but I really need a new fob. I would like to know the part number/name of the remote I need. Best Regards. 

Hi mate welcome

I don't have the Forester myself. But have you tried locking the door's and unlocking them then start the car. Both cars I had gave you about 20 seconds to get in and start the car before the immobiliser kicks back in and I then have to press the button on the key again or the fob in my case. As I have buttons on the key and a fob but the key seems to set my alarm off :)

• Like 1

Hi mate

you need an M series remote which you can buy easily enough from eBay. Doesn't have to be brand new. Then all you do is programming it using the keypad & pin.

I bought an Impreza yesterday which came with 1 ignition key, keypad, pin but no fob so i've just bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151025064294?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've just cut & programmed myself a 2nd ignition key(yes, did it myself, as that's what i do as part of my business). So once the fob comes & it programs ok i'll be ordering another

• Like 3

right bit of an update. The Sigma fob arrived today. It came with 2 spare batteries & programming instructions. I didn't need the instructions as  already had a copy of the manual so I have to say i'm extremely impressed so will be buying another from the same seller.

The programming procedure is very simple, providing you have the pin code of course :D

spoke to the seller again, she has some more. She listed another the emailed me straight after so i could buy it! So now i've got 2!

If yours is an S series alarm then yes you'll need an S series remote. Think she only has M series though. What colour is your original fob?

M series are blue or grey, S series are black

ok well if it looks the same as this then it's an M series

$T2eC16Z,!zoE9s5ngM)QBR(0TsZuww~~60_12.J

The remote i have bought is grey where the above is blue, mine says Sigma on it & not Subaru. I was going to wait & bid on a blue Subaru 1 but as i didn't get any fobs with the car i wanted to buiy 1 straight away

yep, i thought about bidding on this  so i'd have 2 fobs but decided for the £23 i paid for a new fob i'd rather just buy another. Pretty sure she has some more left even though they're not listed at the mo. her eBay username is jenniuk

Hi Guys,

Sorry its been so long since my first post & thanks for the replies. Internet problems!!

Right, I have managed to get sorted with a remote by calling Subaru dealer who first said it would cost me £365+vat. When I explained that I had a key cut, chipped & programmed (thanks to Chris. C&L Locksmith) it came down to £165 + and the vehicle would have to go in to have the fob programmed to the alarm. After further explaining that I have the alarm instructions that tells you how to programme the new fob using the key pad he told me I couldnt do it that way but he wouild speak to a technicion and call me back. The call came, along with an apology and he said I was correct and I could use the key pad to pair the fob. The price now was £50 so I orded it and it went straight in. Sorted!!

What I would like to know now is that if I purchased another fob the same as actionman's can I programme that without loosing the use of the fob I bought from the dealer? It says in the alarm instruction book that when programming new fobs it wipes all previouse fobs. But if I go through the procedure of programming the new fob and tell the system that I am programming 2 fobs, will it accept my original one?

Hope this makes sence, I am sure it will to those of you who have the programming instructions.

Regards

Thrumpi

you've answered the question yourself, just follow the programming instructions to tell the system to accept to fobs. You have to program your original fob again with the new fob so it doesn't delete it

• Like 2

Nice one. Well I do have a problem with my key if I use that to lock the doors via the button and not the fob it plays havoc with the alarm and immobiliser. yet if I just use the Fob no problem at all.  

Any ideas :D

I knew you would come in handy to me one day :lol:

i'm quite new to Subaru alarms as most of the cars i do keys for are mainstream European stuff like VAG, BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault etc etc

However. When i bought my UK turbo last Monday i noticed that when i unlocked the car with the key, which i had to do as there was no fob, then even when i tried to start the car it wouldn't as the Sigma alarm auto arms & unlocking the car with the key doesn't dissarm it.

So, i then found that to be able to start the car i had to enter the pin code into the keypad twice. So if you haven't got the pin code & you lose your 1 & only fob you're going to have problems