Remote Needed

thrumpi

• 11 months later...

yes mate. The problems i have is when customer doesn't have the pin code to program the remote. I can't program new keys to remote locking without it. Transponder isn't a problem as my equipment doesn't need a pin code for that kind of thing.

Then there's sourcing the remotes. I have to get new ones from Subaru. 2nd hand remotes pop up on eBay but the 1 button remote keys seem to be the hardest to get hold off 2nd hand. When i do get hold of them it's a case of sticking the remote board in a new case along with a new transponder chip for the immob

you can get the pin code from Subaru at a price. I can also get the code from my key suppliers but just for the Sigma systems. The problem that i've had with this before is that a lot of people change the pin code & when i order the code i get the code that was supplied with the car when new. I've been to do remotes for 2 Imprezas & the code i ordered didn't work as someone had changed it

I know that sorry my fault I was meaning if they have lost the code but have a working fob just one there was a way to change the master code, I'm sure I had the info somewhere  :blink:

• Like 1

I know Sigmas a bit of a ****** but I guess you want it to be on a car like the Subarus. There was a guy on another forum I used to use that worked for sigma but he got banned otherwise I would have Pm'd him see if he could help you out more. 

Hi there,

I am new owner of 2005 Forester ... Brilliant car. But need a spare single button remote. Cannot see anything on ebay and don't want to pay £360+ to dealer. Any suggestions?

maybe keep an eye on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGMA-SUBARU-BMW-HYUNDAI-VW-LTI-ETC-EARLIER-M-SERIES-1BUTON-REMOTE-ALARM-KEY-FOB-/310919408031?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item48643da99f#shpCntId

• Like 1

Sorry, I did not make it clear ... I have a fob with a key. Only 1 button, fob almost the size of a matchbox.

I'm a dunce with cars but did manage yesterday to put in a new pin, without knowing the old pin.

Speed test in Chertsey cut a key without door opening remote, but with transponder, which manually opens the door and starts ignition, but sets off alarm when starting. At least I can now silence alarm on keypad but would really like a second key with remote opening.

Subaru quoted £280 for the key, £60 to program it, plus vat.

The Forester key is a conversion done by sigma, they made the remote board fit the central locking subaru remote key & had a new one button cover made, Keyless fobs work & program just the same.

I take it your current fob will lock/arm & unlock/disarm !