Smelly clutch

scroller

JDM Twin Scroll manual - slow speed manouvering, especially reversing on a incline results in a strong pong reminiscent of over-boiled cabbage! Otherwise al normal, no clutch slippage in any gear. Any ideas?

Thanks, no I don't rest on the clutch pedal so the problem must be elsewhere. It's odd as there is no other sign of a clutch problem, just the smell after a short spell of slow speed manoeuvring. I'll do as you suggest and put it through the gears with some gusto! 

If it is heat wrap it should only be "wrapped" under bonnet , as aftermarket stuff as they don't come with heat shields.

If you're going to have a look under the car check gearbox to engine join for signs of oil leakage .

As a weeping rear crank seal could possibly cause a smell without clutch slip .

The catalytic converter could be another culprit

Keep us posted and Hope it's a easy fix

If not buy a few magic tree's [emoji4]

• Like 1

40 mile round trip, spirited progress made followed by 3-point turn and slow reverse back home. No smell, crutch, clutch or otherwise so all seems good. Separate topic - just ordered some interior bling as an early Xmas present to myself. A overhead console that reaches from the front map lights to the centre light. Has anyone else succumbed to what may be a complete waste of cash? If so, how easy was it to fit?     

• Like 1