wrx racing clutch

mikewrxturbo

Hi guys I picked up my wrx wagon yesterday and it's great I love it but it had an expensive racing clutch on it.

now I'm not sure if it's me but it's really weird to get used to , I have had 5 other subarus and they were all so easy to drive but this one with the different clutch seems to be all or nothing when pulling away in first gear making it a little tricky on steep hill starts. I'm sure I'll get used to it but just wondered if it was normal ?.

Thanks.

Racing clutches when I used to have them on another car were nicknamed snatch clutches and yes they were pretty unpleasant to drive especially in traffic. Just need loads of revs to prevent stalling. They're not really designed for road use.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I couldn't answer that I'm not sure what it's worth of anything. There's people with more knowledge about subaru specifics than me, I've just had a race clutch before. Were it me, I'd probably change it for a sports clutch, sort of half way house. But that's going to cost a few quid I would imagine. Depends really if you can put up with it or not as to whether that cost is worthwhile

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk