Bugeye To Hawkeye Conversion

Gambit

Right as some of you might well know I've been looking at getting a hawkeye. But I've now decided against it because I just can't let the bugeye go to someone I don't know so looking to do the front end conversion to a hawkeye. 

Now I know I need

1. Headlights 
  2. Bumper 
  3. Grills
  4. N/s & O/s Wings
  5. Bonnet 

What I want to know as I seem to have seen lot's of ways people have done this do I need the bumper bar. And what's the top bar thing that goes across the top over the rad called as I know I need that too. Also anything else I might have missed off ? 

And yes once I'm ready I will do a project post/How too  :D

I'd be buried in it if I could afford the space :D

But other reason is it only has just over 50k on it with a rebuilt engine all the mods I've done to it too. So will just give her a makeover. oh and I keep it on the low tax bracket and keep the 2.0ltr engine not get the 2.5 so it's a win win for me :D 

Yeah you need to change the bumper bar too, will also need some rewiring for the hawkeye headlights. I only know this as a friend has a blob to hawkeye. I looked into doing it on my wagon, looking around 1k for parts.

Cheers gem yeah was unsure about the bumper bar I had seen someone saying he cut the old one to fit and another guy saying he had to spot weld. I'll just buy the bar then. [emoji2] I knew about the wiring for the lights. Ive also seen can get ready made kits too that plug and play I'll have a look into that if its not to costly otherwise I'll just do it the hard way :-D

Gambit tere is a video on an American forum telling and showing you how to do it ,you need the headlight support brackets to ,which are on eBay for cheap ,you just need to go to subaru to order the bumper cross member

Dibs on the morettes lol

• Like 1

Cheets mate will take a look. And be happy knowing the morettes going to a good home. I know it sounds silly to some. But it's like I'm allowing someone to marry my daughter and that's just on parts [emoji2]

Yay when will this be happening in summer? When can I marry your morettes

Planning on maybe doing it over winter but just waiting for Cusco to finish rebuilding me a set of refurbished calipers and pay for them :) then I will be looking for a full conversion or getting it in parts slowly :)

I would do it as the bug eye is !Removed! ugly I think personally

I like the bug with the morette or prodrive headlights but with you on the standard headlights.