2005 /2007 Power Output

Cluster

Recently bought a 2007  2.5XT Prodrive, had it converted to run on LPG, then .... unfortunately the Mrs took a shine to it. So I'm after another 2.5. I quite like the idea of a 2005 / early 2006 as the tax is cheaper, however the power outputs quoted in various places differ. Some say the 2007 is 227 bhp and the 2005 model 2008 bhp then other sources give just the 227 bhp figure for both models...Which is true?

My understanding is 2003 to 2008 was the second gen. So I'd say it depend on the model to what BHP it is.

As in

XT limited

XT sports 

XS

And I thought the XT was about 224 BHP but I could be wrong. And I would say all of them from 2003 up to 2008 would be the same maybe a slight increase over the years maybe to make it look like you're getting more from getting the newer model.  

It's doing 17.5 mpg on lpg @ 66p /L... though that's all urban driving and I don't hang around. One thing I don't like is how noisy it is on the motorway. It's noisier than the  2001 2.0s turbo I had last... it's not exhaust noise just a general road noise so I'm thinking of getting the carpets up and putting some sound deadening stuff down. Anyone got any experience of this?

Never thought of looking in the logbook for power output so thanks for that.

When I first got my  XT, I was surprised at the road noise. The tyres at the time were Kleber with plenty of tread on them but were manufactured in 2009. I sourced another set of wheels with tyres which were Geolanders and manufactured in 2011/12. Severe road noise disappeared and its as quiet as any saloon car now. Perhaps the rubber gets harder as it ages. You can check the age of your tyres by looking at the sidewall for 4 numbers which will be in a rectangle. Something like 4611. This tells you that the tyre was manufactured in the 46th week of 2011. :)

• Like 2

It's doing 17.5 mpg on lpg @ 66p /L... though that's all urban driving and I don't hang around. One thing I don't like is how noisy it is on the motorway. It's noisier than the 2001 2.0s Turbo I had last... it's not exhaust noise just a general road noise so I'm thinking of getting the carpets up and putting some sound deadening stuff down. Anyone got any experience of this?

Never thought of looking in the logbook for power output so thanks for that.

Just over 30 to the gallon in effect then. I'd have hoped for better than that, but like you say, could be the type of driving and enthusiasm lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

When I first got my  XT, I was surprised at the road noise. The tyres at the time were Kleber with plenty of tread on them but were manufactured in 2009. I sourced another set of wheels with tyres which were Geolanders and manufactured in 2011/12. Severe road noise disappeared and its as quiet as any saloon car now. Perhaps the rubber gets harder as it ages. You can check the age of your tyres by looking at the sidewall for 4 numbers which will be in a rectangle. Something like 4611. This tells you that the tyre was manufactured in the 46th week of 2011. :)

First thing I did was put new tyres on which are Coopers 225/45/18. Asked the tyre guys if the profile was the problem he said no, will just give a harsher ride. I've used Coopers tyres for years and found them as good as any including on the mrs 5 series which was really quiet on the motorway.

• Like 1