Internal Rear View Mirror

Dino

I'm thinking of replacing my internal rear view mirror on my WRX 2007 because its old and seen better days - lots of crazing in the mirror etc. Are they easily removed? Is there a sticky pad or the clip? Can anyone tell me how to remove one please? With Thanks. :)

Only ever removed one once and it was on a Mondeo it was stuck on, I will have to check with the scoob sure it's stuck on too. Managed to remove it with a heat gun not too much but keep working it off. Used (sticky stuff remover) from Halfords and lot's of elbow grease to remove the crap left over. Left to dry before using a bought rear window sticky pad also from Halfords to put it back on never came off in 2 years of ownership.

Thanks Gambit. I checked further and it looks like my Hawkeye has like a clip system on it with a plastic lug stuck to the window... requires more investigation to see how this works else I may end up breaking the lug or mangling the mirror attachment. Will be looking this morning.

Well I looked and can't work it out at all! There's a slot underneath but can't see any screw unless I missed it. It's got like a 1/4 inch pad behind the mirror plate which seems to attach to the window. The windscreen actually flex's under moving it. Never seen anything like it cos it looks like its not meant to come off whatever you do to it. Must be a Jap invention ;) Clever people these Japanese :D

• 1 month later...

ok, I checked this out again... still can't work it out. take a look at this one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-GDB-STi-Interior-Rear-View-Vision-Mirror-/381000705616?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b5696650

The stud in the middle is chamfered and means its holds tight. No idea other than levering off the windscreen, but that means a new windscreen because it will crack for sure. Any ideas peps?