Hi guys

9toejoe

I'd imagine that the turbo timer would be wired into something to let it know how hot the engine is in order for it to adjust the duration it over runs for .

If it's not running hot because its low on coolant , being driven hard ect ....

I'd mabey try to disconnect the turbo timer and let it idle for a bit before switching it off .just to take it out of the equation until your running issue is resolved.

What model is it joe ? uk , wrx ect

Well looked up the manual for timer on line and it is all worked out on rpm which kinda makes sense . Got genuine maf on order should be with me Thursday so fingers crossed .

My car is 97 uk spec turbo non wrx . It's had some mods done but I only paid 1500 quid so bound to be a few niggles . My first turbo car so I learning new things everyday . So any advice is gratefully received . Thanks guys

• Like 1

Try resetting the ecu , turn the alarm off and disconnecting the Battery earth for about 10 mins , as it might still be compensating for a faulty code .

As gambit said check for leaks in boost and vacuum pipes .

spray brake cleaner around any pipework that's got a vacuum (suck side of the turbo ect...) and the idle will rise if it sucks in the cleaner [emoji6]

And soapy solution around the pipework with positive pressure , you'll see bubbles if it's leaking .

Leads and plugs might be worth a shout if you don't know when they were last changed .

Glad the maf made a bit of difference and best of luck bud [emoji106]