Any experience with TurboSmart BOV?

JusNoGood

Hi All,

As title says.

I'm doing 100 miles a day at the moment. Which equates to 3-4hrs in the car round the M25 through the  Dartford crossing and always in traffic.

I'd like a bit more noise but I don't want it too loud or going off overtime I ease off a 2k RPM.

I read the turbo Smart ones have a setting to mainly recirc and only blow to atmosphere when giving it full beans. 

Does anyone have any experience with them? If so, how do you find it, roughly what RPM does it go off and any change in the way your car drives?

Jus

That doesn't sound too bad to me mate. I have a prodrive back box so I don't think my exhaust would drown it out. A snorkel delete gave me a nice intake sound (although Duncan as some of the sound was my tired turbo too)

This is the one I was looking at...

", Turbosmart now have a DV that will vent to atmosphere and back into the air intake. Its dual ports feature sequential timing to allow quieter operation during normal driving alongside the benefit of a VTA when driving hard!"

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Dual-Port-Type-5-BOV-BPVs/Dual-Port-Maz-Sub-Black.html

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_61&products_id=691

The thing I like about the TS one (if I'm understanding the description right ) is that it can be set so that it doesn't vent at every gear change but just when you rag it.

When I've looked at Hks and others they seem to be saying you can adjust them so they vent 50/50 or 75/25 but not so it only vents on higher RPM

I'm not sure if I've misunderstood the TS description?

I have a baileys on both mine on low revs if it doesn't go off I don't hear them in either car at low revs. so you can drive easily enough with any for it to not keep making a noise but the TS once probably best if you ever want it to not go off at all sometimes. 

I had that exact same BOV (turbosmart one) on mine. You're correct in thinking you can alter it so it doesn't go off too much. Mine didn't make any noise at all unless I was flooring it. So if that's what you're after I'd recommend it. Sounded good too.

I had that exact same BOV (turbosmart one) on mine. You're correct in thinking you can alter it so it doesn't go off too much. Mine didn't make any noise at all unless I was flooring it. So if that's what you're after I'd recommend it. Sounded good too.

Thanks mate...go did you replace it with a recirc?

Yea. When getting a remap not that long ago I was recommended to go back to recirc for slightly better performance and told the BOV's can sometimes cause running issues - nothing serious and mine had been on for 3+ years without issue. But I decided to change it anyway.

I do sometimes miss the sound though.

• Like 1

Had one for 9 years never had a problem blobeye has had one for 3 years now still ok. If I had an STI and was going for power gains lot's of it then I would remove them. Or if it made the car run bad I know mainly classics suffered from that problem :( but some new ages do.

That's the only reason I don't have the HKS one I'd love one but a lot of money. could test one I guess even if it's a cheap one just to see how she runs :) If you lived closer I'd have offered to lend you mine for a week :D I did have some £25 jobbie ones I used as test ones but I've sold them otherwise I could have posted you one to borrow. 

• Like 1