Hello, hello

fatbloke

Hi All - I'm Patrick and live near York.  I've have just taken the mad decision to buy myself a Legacy GTB.  It's off having an MOT before I pick it up but next weekend I should be entering the World of bi-turbo warp drive.

This is my second Legacy and I couldn't resist getting the GTB which isn't great from a body work perspective but appears to be sound mechanically and at least doesn't have the air suspension of my last Legacy which used to turn itself in to a low rider at 70 mph.

Anyway, expect some stupid questions as I get to know my new car - I hope you will forgive me as I ask all the things everyone else has asked before.

post-3458-0-33529100-1417334406_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So three weeks in it's been good and bad.  The driving experience is fantastic but there are a few problems.  The seal around the front sun roof appears to leak so when you brake you can here water sloshing about in the roof.  I presume the seasl are failry readily available.  The radio is the one which it arrived with from Japan which has a mini disc player and just about find Radio 2 so that's got to go. 

However, more of a problem, is the down pipe from the manifold to rear pipe has blow a hole in itself and the lovely burble is more of a throb.  Can anyone recommend a good supplier for the exhaust and the sun roof seal?

Hi mate, try www.importcarparts.co.uk for the seal although I can't see it being much different to a UK spec car or the same era so mat be worth trying subaru of they can't get one for you.

The radio may just need a band converter ro play uk stations, and any classic impreza downpipe should fit your car as the early legacies and foresters share the same platform

• Like 1