How much?

Dempsey

I have found an STI that I like the look of and all sounds nice and looks good from what I've been told. It has fsh, 58k is a 03 plate and is a totally standard STI with 265hp, exactly as it left the factory.

The seller has told me that it had it's belt changed 6k miles ago and a service over the weekend with proof if these being done in the history.

The main issue with the car is the usual rear suspension knock that he has told me about, is this a really big issue and how much could I possibly knock him down because if this issue?

The car is in the higher price bracket but if all is good what would people be offering do we think?

It's currently up at £6750.

Cheers.

So as a rough "guide" you would say if all else looks good and it sounds and drives fine £6400 would be an ok price for it?

I know this is all speculation as without seeing it's hard to judge but I don't really want to pay over the odds if initially it seems to be.

Appreciate any advice, should be seeing it Friday.

From the history check it all seems to tie up but I guess once I look through the history on the car itself it may show something. Also will get work to do a full hpi on it before going further.

There are two other "backups " for wanting a better word but need to speak to the places first to see how they describe them.

I'd defo do a HPi check but if that mileage is genuine and it has FSH I'd say that's totally reasonable if it's in good condition. I paid around £7k for mine which had been lightly modified last year for a 2003 with mid 60k on the clock. Didn't have the knock as the suspension had already been changed to Coilovers, but it is a common issue with the original parts so don't let it put you off, even with pricing that in its still decent value for the mileage and if it's totally standard.

You'll find there's loads out there for £6000 or even £5000 but I bet 95% of them are dogs and badly looked after with poor history unfortunately. That was the case when I was looking anyway, id definitely say its worth paying a bit more if you find a good one. Problem is they're cheap to buy but not cheap to maintain and look after so from what I saw lots skimped on that the servicing part. Or spent that maintenance money on POOOWWWEEERRR instead.

Totally understand where your coming from with that one, have done a hpi so we shall have to see what it's like when I view it in the flesh. Not hoping to get all hung up on something that's a relatively small issue in the big scheme of things.

Shall keep my fingers crossed!