New sti

jayjay

Hi all,

I'm picking up my brand new 2014 sti this week and chasing some information please. My Subaru dealer says I must use premium unleaded fuel only for my car. Is this correct and what fuel would be best for my sti ?

Many thanks

Steve

Will do. She arrives on Wednesday so can't wait. Not looking forward to the trips to the petrol station tho . Guess it will be my second home from now on !

The new STI is still thirsty but not as thirsty as used to be...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum and another new model owner :) You should have your manual now and you'll see a section that says 98+ only so I run mine on Shell VPower, with the prices rocketing down at the moment it's not a massive jump from any other super's around. I've just hit 6100 miles on my 64 plate and it's showing 25.9 mpg average since zero miles, I can get 28-29mpg on a long work run, but generally get 23 if I have some fun on the drive home.

Hello welcome, Shell vpower is the choice of most of us on here, there's also BP and esso premium, just make sure it's 97 Ron or above

97 ? Really? My manual and sticker on fuel flap says 98+ its an 03 blob.

And on 01 forester fuel flap says premium gasoline only.

Esso/teach ultimate is only 97, I don't put anything but she'll in I'm not sure how close to 99 uit actually is as some folk reckon it drops it's ron content the longer it's sat in the tanks,

Sent from my SM-G850F

I use V-power with the occasional tank of Tesco momentum 99 - my old V6 Alfa used to love it but I know V-power is better for keeping the engine clean. Worth the premium for performance and I get 34 mpg from the STi on a steady motorway run. Amazed by how good the fuel consumption is for the power - beats my mates 535d for pace and economy!!

• Like 1