Alarm setting

Fkend

Can some one explain to me in simple English how I should have my alarm system set, Valet Mode, Passive or what ever, I find the manual confusing to say the least.

I have a real key for the engine and electronic for locking doors.

I also want to be able to lock the vehicle with the internal sensors 'off' because of my dog.

With my old autowatch alarm system ....

Valet ment the hidden switch didn't have to be pressed , you just have to press the fob to turn the alarm off (no point having a hidden switch if you have to tell everyone where it is)

Passive ,was sensors off but hidden switch still had to be pressed in order to start the car .

Maybe try each setting sitting in the car and see if it goes off with movement to be 100% sure just in case makes and models differ

My main problem is trying to turn off the internal movement sensors for my dog.

I follow the instructions " turn on ignition, press transmitter button once LED should flash once but it does not, then vacate vehicle and press transmitter again when vehicle should lock and make 8 flashes, it does not it flashes only once".

This is the most complicated alarm system I have ever come across in my whole life, if one cannot set it it is useless?

Hi

I have a certificate in my hand which says the vehicle has ' Thatcham Category One Alarm/Imobiliser' XV & Impreza, Forester & Sports Coupe 2011 Model Year Onward:

I also have serial number of the unit and PIN codes.

The nearest Subaru garage where I bought the vehicle is about 50 miles from where I live so it's difficult to go and see them.

OK I have found a hidden keypad inside the fuse box.

Using this as per the book with the ignition on I pressed 2 turned off ignition exited the vehicle and locked the doors with my keypad. Now the problem is there is nothing to tell me whether the internal movement detection system is set because the warning bleep system seems to be turned off, how can I turn the bleeps back on without travelling to a dealer?

What a ridiculous over the top system where one has to remove facia panels to access the silly little keypad which is located down by your right knee hanging by a bit of wire.

I got this as we have a dog in our XV.

if you use the complicated system in the manual with typing in key codes etc you'll be faffing about forever and a day.

our solution is this, when we leave the dog in the car lock the driver's door with the key not the key fob. this sets all the locking system and the deadlocks but does not activate the alarms, which are basically useless anyway as nobody pays any attention to them, I have been informed that the immobiliser is still active though. as the alarm isn't active the sensors aren't either. the coding pad in the fuse box is a joke. trying to do this in the dark, in the rain, with fat fingers, well you get the idea..

Many thanks Dogconker, do you think it was just too hard to put this information in the manual or is it just the people Subaru employ?

Subaru's are really good vehicles but they do make and present us with some ridiculous situations.

Anyway thanks for sorting me out.

No worries, has exactly the same issue. Spoke to our dealer which is in Coventry, possibly your closest? Carstins Subaru, it's where I got mine, they've been quite helpful, they pointed out the easy solution. I never even use that stupid keypad. It's not like you leave the car for hours with a dog in so the alarm isn't a big loss.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk