Final Fantasy 14

Don't suppose anyone plays this? I was involved in the early Beta and enjoyed it. Then played the normal Beta but stopped playing. My friends carried on with the main game before stopping a few months later. Now they have started again, so much more has been added to the game so keep thinking about joining them but not sure if I can be bothered :(.

• Like 1

I doubt I'd get the time same with wow I've not looked at the changes they made to that have god know's how many chars on my account doubt I'll play it again now :(

Especially as I have just done a pretest for my course and got 38% and need 75% to pass  :o but I didn't have a clue what any of it in the exam meant it was just to see how much I knew already as to where I start. 

Wow went downhill badly too many kids was allowed to play it in my opinion. Best thing on Deathwing when I used to play was sitting in the main City on horde side and this really !Removed! up woman used to come on spouting loads of crap when she was !Removed! or drugged up was well funny. 

I started playing it (WOW) in Beta with some clan members I used to be in. We was doing Cod in an online League we was pretty good but after Modern warfare I started to dislike the pearks ruined the game imo, so joined a few in the beta it was ok. But got the game when it came out and it was like Heroin lost my life to it lol I even made money from selling accounts :) But soon got boring so I started going back now and again play for a few months then leave it again. 

• Like 1

You ain't wrong about it being a drug. I'd spend 17 hours straight in an exp party just because I need the level and parties were hard to get back then. It took its toll on home life quite hard. The warning at the beginning makes me laugh. It goes on about not forgetting work, family or school :lol:

I played with an American. I'm actually good friends with him now so the time zone made me switch my body clock. I'd plan my day around the game making sure if be up all night. Did a stretch until 10am had 2 hours kip wake up and straight back on. He ended up having a car accident falling asleep at the wheel because of the game. That's when you realise it's taking over your life.

The mmo genre is very bittersweet. Spend 12 hours on grinding for that magical 10 second jingle of levelling up. Somehow very satisfying.

I still have a pic of my xiv character on my phone. It's still under my skin. That was half way through my career so basic black mage gear. ^_^

post-3548-142072323019_thumb.jpg

Will be the same as mine or less, I've not played it since it first came out. Yeah that's why we have started playing again, ready for that. I'm going to either train up a tank char or a healer. Unsure if I could handle the pressure of being a healer though lol