Anyone know this chip????

Cheers stants, so all in all it seems to be a good chip then, the only problem is that it's throwing up speed sensor cel light, I've heard that's because the 7d ecu is for UK and mines jdm wrx. Also it pops on motorway on full boost, would you say that's over fuelling??

That's something I can't answer about the over fieling mate my tech knowledge is limited, I guess the pervious owner stuck the chip & ecu in to as a cheaper alternative to an apexi or esl remap, the speed sensor may be still attached as the jap ones always used to be limited to 112mph, might be worth trying to investagate that, may even be linked to your boost issue ?

Yeah could be linked I suppose,the speedo cable is broken at gearbox end just haven't got round to if yet but definitely will have to be next on the list then see where I can go from there. Thanks for your help anyway I feel a bit safer in the knowledge that it's safe to use and not just some £5 sh*the off eBay.

Ive got an apexi but need the commander and also unsure if it even works as it's got rough idle and drives like a bag of nails. I've had endless issues with mine regarding my ecu,so bought the apexi which then lost its map so not happy about spending hundreds doing the same process that's already been done. If this chip can get me to a happy medium then il be over the moon! Just needs a little tickle regarding fuel as in my other post

Only generic classic chip I know of is a mines ecu .

It up's the boost and has a slightly more aggressive cam timing , but as matt said your better off with a re mappable ecu .

As short cuts in power/boost increases are normally short lived and more expensive in the long run .(if it goes bang).

I'd put a standard ecu back in a save for a mappable ecu/remap or get it on a dyno to make sure it's not going to eat your internals .

Too much fuel = bore wash (strips the oil from the bores)

Too much air = hotter combustion melted pistons

I understand completely regarding not trusting the chips etc that's the reason I was asking you knowledgeable chaps. But this is the best it's ever ran and I don't mean boost wise but general running of the car seems a lot better than with my standard ecu, I don't get crap idle or hunting or any missing or anything it just pops on high end boost, if I can limit the boost or up/lower the fuel I'm then going to get it on the dyno soon as my friends taking his as well. Regarding getting it mapped I've been down that route and cost me a lot then my apexi lost its map so I can't justify spending the hundreds it will cost to sort that out for it to maybe lose it again

if its only got minor breathing mods the correct standard ecu should make it run a but better unless something faulty or a mod has been fitted thats outside the standard maps parameters .

imo switching ecus about is a bit of a lottery without monitoring afr, knock and det but I've always been a bit parra when it comes to fueling due to hearing a few horror stories about unmapped scoobs .

What model /year is it ?

What colour are your injectors ?

Whats the number on the "standard" ecu

Are you sure the apexi lost it's map and someone hasn't accidentally changed a setting on the hand controller

And finally what turbo n mods have you got

Its a 94 jdm wrx with td04 (used to have td05). Not sure how to check injector colour (I can only see grey connector) it did have a v5 ecu but looking online it was only ever used in the auto so I changed it for the 7d with the chip yesterday. Only thing that is different is the vacuum pipes which are cheap blue silicone ones with no restrictor pill. Standard headers and up pipe with decat from turbo back and hks induction kit and bailey bov and boost guage. That's it for mods. Boost goes over 1bar when giving it some then drops off but obviously hits fuel cut as well. Idle control valve cel light crops up from day one even after changing the engine and icv. Bit of a nightmare car haha

I'd guess that the decat and lack of restrictor pill would be causing over boost which in turn would cause the fuel cut you're getting .

94 wrx map would be set up for the bigger tdo5 so would chuck extra fuel in when the throttle position sensor is in "full beans" mode .

So id expect a pop from over fuelling at about 4k whethe smaller tdo4 cant flow enough air to keep up with the tdo5 map fuelling scale

Although all classic injector plugs are grey the plastic top of the injectors themselves should be grey (380cc ) to match a standard ecu map for your year/model .