New to the Jap scene

bishop672003

The Hatches had unequal length headers, its the center resonator and back box that is muffling the noise..

you can change the back box on its own and get a better sound.

you could go for a center back Decat with the existing back box and get a similar result to above, or change the back box aswell and get more of the burble back.

Finally you can go for a full decat: Downpipe, centre pipe and keep the existing back box this will make it much deeper in sound and burble, possibly with farts and pops on over run.

the last option would be full decat and a New back boxlike a blitz HKS ect this will completely change the sound of the car and imho is a bit too much for everyday use. It sets off alarms, causes windows to shake next door. Great fun though :)

• Like 1

I'm picking my car up next Sunday and getting it with the milltek cat back then going to Get the downpipe and sports cat and remap when it's got a few miles on. The milltek looks good I'm not sure about Magnaflow and as for perrin I don't know if there any good or not but I tend to think the yanks will say something is great just because it's made over there.

• Like 1

The perrin stuff is well made and competitively priced but we get stung on shipping and tax. Scooby clinic sell the stuff over here. With regards to the remap you pay for the licence map and dyno time so 550 isn't that bad any subsequent remaps won't cost as much as you already have the licence