New to the Jap scene

bishop672003

Hey all,

Been a vag man for many enjoyable years, i have been wanting an Impreza for a long time, went to a local subaru dealer and stumbled across this beaut, unintentionally brought it later to find its an Impreza 340 uk type and i pick it up on saturday, after reading reviews i am very excited but it seems it's not common knowledge about this particular model,

Anyone have any knowledge of these? 

Thanks in advance

IMG 5984

• Like 1

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

And to joining the long list of Vag drivers that have made the switch it's one thing that surprised me the amount of vag owners that have come over to the good side ;) I mean that with a bit of fun ;)  

But no I can see why the impulse was strong with the choice of car. Does it have the spoiler ? :) 

hi 

IMG 5986

it seems the mirrors are larger than i have seen on others, i honestly was browsing for a typical sti and stumbled across this locally and was instantly sold, the dealership have told me this is the 340 version but even on the insurers database this shows up as a generic 296 ps how do i check this, is this an add on that doesnt show? i am confused

• Like 1

The 340 I believe is a saloon thats a hatch sure don't mean a 330 ?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a !Removed!, just wanting to make sure they dealer knows what they're talking about more ;) 

Salsa be best man to ask he has a 330 pictures of his car too on the thread to check his wing mirrors out ;) 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/8238-my-sti-330s-pix/

Sounds like they have got confused to me with the 330 same thing and a great car so makes no real odds. but the 340 is the later one after the hatchback version. But still a great buy and I'm 100% the smiles when you drive it and sounds will be just as good :D

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - loooovely motor but I do love a hatch :wub:

yup the 340r is an alternate to the 330s but achieves the same result - I believe it cost about £1500 for the upgrade and involved an ecu remap and exhaust system change - possible air filter as well.

not sure about the suspension and wheels - bang up some pictures of the wheels and we can shine some light.

either way you have (IMO) a very desirable car and it Im sure it will bring a smile for many miles, we have a few hatch threads knocking about with bits of info. It has been found that fuel economy is better in sport mode than the default intelligent mode - see what you think, also 99ron is the way to go I got better fuel economy straight off using that.

• Like 1

Yes very much so, but I've been playing with it today now it has got cruise and "s" flashing alongside traction and management light on, reading with an obd I get p0024- power train

B camshaft position-timing over advanced or system performance (bank 2) not great 1st impressions :(

Oh not a great start :( did you get it from a dealer I'd be on the phone to them ?

I'd try clear the codes if you can 1st see if it comes back. 

Possible courses 

1)Incorrect camshaft timing 
2)Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system
3)Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber 
4)Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)

Nice motor. I think the 330s was only On the earlier hatches like 08 and 09 models wasn't it? Then the 320r and 340 r came later on I think it was just a different exhaust and a remap. Shame there not offering these packages on the new car yet as it's getting caught up by a few of the hot hatch crew

I wouldn't rate the 340r pack, the exhaust is loud on idle but it goes silent under load, the power does go a bit flat when you are in the late gears but this is only in S# in S mode it feels a bit more punchy where S# isn't which is the wrong way round lol but overall I love the car, I would like to put an exhaust, induction and a remap on but at the cheapest price of £2850 that's forgettable

The thing is your car already has a better exhaust and a remap. The mapping was developed for prodrive by ecutek so doing these to your car would only give small gains. I've been in touch with scoobyclinic about there performance packs and after exhaust and remap your looking at going for a bigger turbo and injectors and mapped to suite.